Smart Card Certificate Logon and Smart Card Wireless EAP-TLS

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by erha, May 19, 2005.

  1. erha

    erha Guest

    Hi all,

    I have post this problem before. Since there is no reply, I will try to
    re-phrase my problem.

    Here is the question:

    Is there anybody out there succesfully implement Smart Card Certificate
    Logon and Smart Card Wireless EAP-TLS together ?

    The Wireless EAP-TLS do not allow 'Smart Card Logon' on the Extended Key
    Usage.
    When Smart Card Logon appears on the Certificate EKU, the Wireless EAP-TLS
    will failed.

    So I assume we cannot use the same Certificate for the Certificate Logon and
    Wireless EAP-TLS.
    And I can create two different certificates for this two process.

    BUT here is the problem ....

    Both Smart Card Certificate Logon and Smart Card Wireless EAP-TLS call my
    CSP to query for default container.

    Since now I used two different certificates for this two process, how can I
    know which certificate I shall used when there is a query for default
    continer ?
    If I used the Certificate with 'Smart Card Logon' on the EKU, the Wireless
    EAP-TLS will failed.
    If I used the Certificate without 'Smart Card Logon' on the EKU, the
    Certificate Logon will failed.

    Can anybody from Microsoft clarify this ?
    Have Microsoft test this scenario before ?

    Thanks for any help.....

    Rudy

    erha, May 19, 2005