Smallest and Fastest 5MP Digital Camera? Suggestions??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ryan, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    Hi,

    I have been a Canon Digital Camera fan for years. I have had the S40,
    S45 and now the S50. Their reviews have been great and I have always
    been very pleased with photo quality (except for night shots) so I
    have been loyal to them.

    But, I am frustrated with my S50 and am starting to think it may be
    time to move on. I bought it earlier this year and it is most often
    used on vacations where I may take hundreds of photos. We took a trip
    in August and just returned from another and the same frustrations are
    getting to us:

    1. The recycle time seems horrid! I turn on the camera, and wait and
    wait. I press the shutter button and you again wait and the camera to
    decide to shoot a photo. I never found this to be an issue with the
    S40 or S45.

    2. If you take one shot and need to take another, watch it. You press
    the shutter and wait and wait before the second photo is taken. I have
    had many great shots slip away because the camera takes the photo just
    when the moment passes! It feels like an eternity!

    3. So many smaller cameras are coming out, I am sure there is a
    smaller faster camera out there with the same quality output.

    Any ideas?

    Ryan, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Ryan

    Todd Walker Guest

    Check out Steve's review of the Kyocera Finecam S5R:

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/s5r.html

    Excellent picture quality, smaller than the Sxx Canons and virtually
    nonexistent shutter lag.

    Todd

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Ryan

    Brothermark Guest

    Brothermark, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Simon Stanmore, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Ryan

    Godfrey Guest

    I've been pretty pleased with the Konica KD500Z ... fast start up and very
    reasonable responsiveness. Latest in this series is the Minolta G500 (aka
    Konica KD510Z) which adds higher ISO.

    Godfrey

    Godfrey, Nov 2, 2003
  6. Dimage G500. About $315. Very highly rated in Europe as the Konica
    Revio 510z.

    Steven Scharf, Nov 5, 2003