    easy to operate, hopefully fast focussing, and inexpensive.

    Thanks for your help.

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Steve

    Karen Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This is sort of an experient, so the price is important. I've already
    > got a decent camera (Canon S50). The camera I am looking for will be
    > used while on a boat and by a passenger on a motorcycle while it is in
    > motion I'm looking for a recommendation for a digital that is small,
    > easy to operate, hopefully fast focussing, and inexpensive.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Steve

    I keep a Canon A40 in my bag when bicycling -- it was relatively inexpensive
    ($225 I think), it's rugged, it's small and portable, fits into a small
    padded case, easy to operate with a program mode and auto mode (a manual
    also), and it doesn't eat up batteries.

    Karen, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Steve

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > This is sort of an experient, so the price is important. I've already
    > got a decent camera (Canon S50). The camera I am looking for will be
    > used while on a boat and by a passenger on a motorcycle while it is in
    > motion I'm looking for a recommendation for a digital that is small,
    > easy to operate, hopefully fast focussing, and inexpensive.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Steve

    I am not sure you will be happy with pictures taken from a moving
    motorcycle. Have you tried this with a film camera?

    Ron Hunter, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Steve

    Omega Guest

    That's nice. I have an Olympus D-150 in my bag when I go fishing. Small and
    takes great images at night. That's when the walleye bite! :) It's only
    1.3 Mp but hey, 2 years old! Still works great. Steve, You should get a very
    simple, inexpensive, easy to use camera like the Canon A40, A60, or the Oly
    D-390, D-560 or the Fuji Finepix-2300. Check here:
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_dig2.html

    Omega, Oct 13, 2003
  5. Steve

    Guest

    Steve <> wrote:
    > This is sort of an experient, so the price is important. I've already
    > got a decent camera (Canon S50). The camera I am looking for will be
    > used while on a boat and by a passenger on a motorcycle while it is in
    > motion I'm looking for a recommendation for a digital that is small,
    > easy to operate, hopefully fast focussing, and inexpensive.

    Check out the Casio cameras. They're not much larger than a credit
    card. A friend of mine has one and it takes awesome 3mp photos.

    , Oct 14, 2003