small office wifi - do we *need* a network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by mcauleyalan, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. mcauleyalan

    mcauleyalan

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi folks,

    We have a small office wifi setup. Presently we use hosted exchange and hosted sharepoint fo data/document storage and all the benefits of outsourcing.

    As we look to expand - I am wondering, do we really need a proper central network, using wifi in our office. Mostly our employees work out of office and access mail, sharepoint etc from the field.

    Can anyone point out how it would *really* benefit us to have a proper in office domain network using hifi?

    I guess admin comes to mind - but i can do remote desktop assistsnace as it is. Each machine is protected using antivirus/firelwalls, windows security updates, biometric login AND passsword, HDD password protected.

    As we look to grow to 30 people, I keep wondering do we actually need an office network - since we outsource our main nework work like email and sharpoint.

    Any thoughts welcome

    Regards

    Alan

    mcauleyalan, Oct 6, 2007