Small motel network help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hustla000, Sep 4, 2012.

1. hustla000

hustla000

I have a 40 unit small motel that currently has cable internet connected to a cable modem and hard wired to the Linksys ea4500 wireless router. The wireless router provides good signal distance but only to half of the hotel, the other half of the hotel cannot pick up any wireless signal. We are currently wiring the hotel to have hard wired internet in each individual room and would like to have wireless access to all rooms also. Can you please provide guidance as to which type of switch to install to get 40 or more Cat5e cables into one switch and preferably it is a switch with Power over Ethernet. I would also like to add 3 additional access points that will not have a power outlet close by so they would be powered by the switch and Power over Ethernet. I would be installing the Access Points in the ceiling of the hallway of the exterior corridor. I will also be installing 3-5 hard wired through Cat5e with POE color exterior cameras that will be connected to that one main switch and eventually to the DVR.

Will I need any additional equipment or special Ethernet cable instead of the typical Cat5e.

Thanks

hustla000, Sep 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question