    I saw this ES-2008-GTP from zyxel:

    http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1051515293&indexcate1=1085450271

    Or other manufacturers?

    bosco, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Hello, bosco!
    You wrote on 10 Feb 2005 12:40:03 -0800:

    b> I am looking for a small form factor managed ethernet switch (gig
    b> uplink, no more than 8 ports max (10/100))
    b> for a location where I have a very small space, and I need to
    b> temporarily put 2 ports in separate VLANs.

    2940

    With best regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Feb 10, 2005

  3. bosco

    Al Dykes Guest

    I can't point to a particular current model but I'm partial to the
    HP Procurve line.

    Al Dykes, Feb 10, 2005
  4. bosco

    BradReeseCom Guest

    You may find the Cisco Product Advisor helpful:

    http://tools.cisco.com/GCT/PCTPST/index.jsp

    Catalyst 2940 Data Sheet:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5213/products_data_sheet09186a00801973c8.html

    Additionally, you may want to investigate the SecurityFocus
    Vulnerabilities Archive for each vendor under consideration.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
    United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
    U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

    BradReeseCom, Feb 10, 2005
  5. bosco

    bosco Guest

    thanks, me too. I have found them quite reliable, and love the lifetime
    HW warranty.
    Unfortunately, I find they have nothing which fits the bill.

    bosco, Feb 23, 2005
  6. bosco

    bosco Guest

    thanks. that looks like what I'm looking for!

    bosco, Feb 23, 2005