    Network connections. Both PC's can get out to the internet. Win98 PC can not
    connect to shared files and printer connected to XP. Ping works from XP to
    Win 98. Ping does not find XP machine.

    LRW, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Are they in the same Workgroup?

    Is the User/Password of the Win98 PC added as a UserAccount on the XP PC?

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 13, 2006

  3. LRW

    Joker Guest

    Software firewall or security settings on the XP machine are causing the
    problem.

    You should try posting to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
    newsgroup. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking
    hardware and software only.
    --

    American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
    Motor Company

    The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
    laws going through Congress right now.
    http://www.eff.org/corrupt

    Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec

    This special alert is printed on 100% recycled electrons.

    assistance.

    time.

    If I sound hostile or arrogant you need to read the following before
    posting a question "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" at
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html (The site I've linked
    to just has this article I think people should read before posting a
    technical question.)

    completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

    Douglas Adams, "Mostly Harmless"

    Joker, Aug 13, 2006