Slow Startup and slow hibernation

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ronald Green, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Ronald Green

    Ronald Green Guest

    I appreciate the help.

    I recently purchased a Samsung Q35 Duo Core Centrino, T7200 2.00GHz, 1.2GB
    RAM, Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Laptop

    I went for Windows XP Pro SP2 rather than Vista.

    Shame I do not know when this started but I think it may have been related
    to a Windows Update.

    The Laptop start-up time was extremely fast and is now very slow about 5
    minutes to start-up. The main delay is when the Windows XP Screen appears
    with the left to right scrolling bar. It just sits there for about 3-4
    minutes then proceeds to boot ok. The Laptop once booted works just great.
    Shutdown is fine. Hibernation takes forever to shutdown but starts fine and
    Standby works fine both standing down and starting up.

    I have deleted all temp files (CCleaner and Window Washer)
    Defragged hard disk (Diskeeper)
    Removed all unwanted start-up programmes, except Trend Micro and Ad-Aware
    Scanned system with Ewido, Ad-Aware, Trend PC-illin, PC Tools Spware Doctor
    and several others.
    Ran some Registry Cleaners
    Played around with MSCONFIG
    Used BOOTVIS
    Installed XPBOOTLOG and the Greatis support team could not find and issue.

    Alas all to no avail

    In the System Events when the system start-up it seems to halt for 3-4
    minutes when loading driver BCM4SBXP which is the Broadcom 10/100
    LAN/Ethernet Driver.

    If I disable this the start-up quickens to about 50 seconds, however I still
    have an issue with a extremely long Hibernate.

    Any suggestions?

    One other thing should I have my swapfile/page file on a separate partition?

    Thanks in anticipation

    Ronald Green, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Ronald Green

    juska

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have this same problem had any luck with this?

    How did you disable BCM4SBXP from the startup?

    juska, Jun 5, 2008