    -its connected at 11MBps
    -but it only uses 1% of 11MBps

    how do I make it faster? Thanks

    Guest, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Get a faster connection to your ISP.
    Its capacity might be 11MBps but it can only transmit what it receives
    as input - and I doubt your ISP connection is 11MBps - more like
    512KBps or perhaps 1M. It should use closer to it's maximum when
    transmitting data between computers connected to your network.

    Peter Wilkins, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I apologize, I should have been more clear

    This when i transfer files on an internal network.

    I'm trying to stream a dvd from a computer in the basement to my notebook.
    My max speed is 320kb/s

    I even went out and bought a microsoft wireless g router+card 54MBps.

    Same problem.

    Any advice?

    Guest, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    When the Wireless source and the Wireless client are one feet apart a
    54Mb/sec. connection should yield a functional transfer of 18-22Mb/sec.
    (b=bit) which is a file transfer of about 2.5MB/sec. B=Byte).

    Once the client is in another location it depends on the envioroment
    (Distance, and or Electrical Noise).

    You might need to extend the coverage, or Bridge a connection.

    May be this can Help.

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 28, 2005