    Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
    happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
    browsers open simultaneously.

    s spector, Dec 5, 2009

  2. what version?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 5, 2009

  3. s spector

    Justin Guest

    s spector wrote on [Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:22:18 -0800]:
    Slow computer? pegged CPU? not enough ram? Lots of add-ons and sessions
    saved to restart?

    What is "so long"? 1 second? 10? 120?

    Justin, Dec 5, 2009
  4. s spector

    Herb Guest

    I have similar problem but think it's more 'puter-related as it's
    getting older by today's standards. FF opens slower relative to T-Bird
    v 2.0.0.0.23. Only 2 extensions in use, Colorful Tabs v3.9.7 and AdBlock
    Plus v1.1.1

    I have FF version 3.0.14 -- cache and temp files cleaned out. Virus-
    and worm-free. Cleaned up with Adaware.

    Win XP Home SP3
    AMD Athlon 3400+
    2.4GH
    3GB RAM

    ===============

    Herb, Dec 5, 2009
  5. empty your cache, delete your cookies, and delete your
    windows temp folder.

    If that doesn't work, then try creating a test profile
    and see if FF opens faster there:

    close FF and make sure its closed by looking in the
    windows task manager [ctrl+alt+del]. If you see FF
    running, end it.

    Now, click on the windows start button, then run, and
    enter:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will start the FF profile manager. Click on the
    Manage Profile button, then create another profile from
    there. Once created, start FF in that profile. Does
    it start any better?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 5, 2009
  6. s spector

    lexlibris1299

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a similar problem before. The firefox v.3.0 is slow to start. But I just figure out that some of my add-ons are not working properly so I what I did is install the new firefox version and found new versions of add-ons and uninstall the old ones.

    lexlibris1299, Dec 14, 2009