    You can't just jack the ISO up to 800 on a whim, you'll end up with
    terrible noise, compared to modern APS DSLRs. So slow lenses are a
    killer.

    RichA, Jan 12, 2011

  2. I may soon have at least part of the answer. A friend is borrowing a
    couple of my sharper (on film) Nikkor AIS lenses (the 35-135mm
    f3.5-4.5 and the 135mm f2) to try on his new "fawn-see" Panasonic
    4/3rds pro video camera...
    --DR

    David Ruether, Jan 13, 2011

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Then don't buy them. Simple. ;-)

    Bruce, Jan 13, 2011
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I don't know. For fun, I once mounted a 17-55mm f2.8 Nikon on a
    4/3rds camera, I never really analyzed the results it produced.

    RichA, Jan 14, 2011
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Don't be a flip, it reminds me of some of the mindless fanboys on
    Dpreview. What if you NEED lenses of that focal length? Your other
    choice is dump the camera, buy a new system.

    RichA, Jan 14, 2011
  6. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Your other choice is to STFU, but you aren't ever going to take that
    option, are you?

    (Rhetorical question, no answer sought or required)

    Bruce, Jan 14, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Make me, camera hawker, Nikon fangirl.

    RichA, Jan 15, 2011
  8. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    <yawn>

    Bruce, Jan 15, 2011
  9. From what my friend reports, the zoom above is sharper than the Panasonic
    4/3rd lenses he has, with the 135mm f2 being much sharper... He reports
    a new market for Nikkor AIS lenses (with diaphragm ring detents removed)
    for use on the new 4/3rd video cameras. Good, since I have many to sell --
    http://www.donferrario.com/ruether/fs.htm ;-)
    --DR

    David Ruether, Jan 15, 2011