    looked at everything I can think of such as firewalls, router settings etc.

    Any ideas to fix this would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Jamie, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Jamie

    djc Guest

    IE7 doesn't do that, so you probably had a virus or clicked on some strange
    site were they promise you the world in return for a "click here". Early
    beta versions of IE7 did what you describe but only if you uninstalled, then
    reinstalled again. The current version is perfectly OK. The explorer.exe
    is often associated with virus files.
    The speed of torrents depends on a number of factors including throttling by
    the ISP, network congestion and incorrect firewall settings. You can only
    download as fast as people can send, so if only one person can upload at
    10K/s that is all you will get.
    A high speed connection does not mean you will get data at that speed. It
    sounds like you need to check your settings and maybe try a download from
    www.microsoft.com or go to a speed test site. Then contact your ISP and
    report a fault.

    djc, Nov 16, 2006