    the correct time. It then loses about a minute every 2-3 hours.

    Any suggestions? Thanx...

    joe

    flintridgeparkenfarker vonkerschnauzerheiden III \, Aug 8, 2003

  2. flintridgeparkenfarker vonkerschnauzerheiden III \

    Pat Guest

    I think that you should change your CMOS battery. It happens to me in the
    past and that was the solution.

    Can anyone confirm ?

    Pat, Aug 8, 2003

  3. flintridgeparkenfarker vonkerschnauzerheiden III \

    trout Guest

    (Please include some of the text you're replying to: Tools > Options
    thread.)

    If his clock re-sets to the correct time when he re-starts, the
    battery should be okay.

    trout, Aug 8, 2003

  4. Not sure, but maybe it sets to the correct time because it's set to
    synchronize (via some website or other) on startup? I don't remember where
    or if Win95 had that particular waste of resources...

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 8, 2003
  5. On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 06:18:43 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by flintridgeparkenfarker
    vonkerschnauzerheiden III (joe) in message
    Some programs (notably MacAfee antivirus, IIRC) running in the background can
    cause your system clock to slow. Windows sets the system clock to the BIOS
    clock on boot up. If your CMOS battery was bad, your clock would lose time
    when the computer was shut down. Since it resets to the correct time on
    bootup, your CMOS battery is OK, and you should look at what is running in
    the background.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 1925

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 8, 2003
  6. flintridgeparkenfarker vonkerschnauzerheiden III \

    Shep© Guest

    1:If it loses time whilst the system is off then replace the Cmos
    Battery but write down all your BIOS settings(See Manual)
    download manual from mother board maker's site/support.

    If it loses time whilst you are using it it's a sign of a program
    causing it and some anti-virus programs have known bugs causing this
    so change anti-virus program.I've had no problems with this freebie
    superb and one of the best anti-virus programs.
    http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_downl.htm
    you can sync the time online with this,
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/
    and some startup programs that are not needed can cause it so click
    here as well,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html

    HTH*<:)

    Shep©, Aug 8, 2003
  7. "flintridgeparkenfarker vonkerschnauzerheiden III \(joe\)"
    Install Atomic TimeSync (or another of the many apps that synchronise
    your host with an NTP server):

    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/ats.htm

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003
  8. My answer to this post didn't get posted, so I'll post again [in case you
    read this thread again considering it's so old]:

    I checked background apps and stuff. No new background apps are running.
    Nothing has changed on this computer in that respect for years.

    The clock slows when I run ANY programs which never happened before. The
    processor still seems fast enough to handle everything as efficiently as it
    always has, except for the clock.

    joe

    : On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 06:18:43 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    : boggled at the following statement by flintridgeparkenfarker
    : vonkerschnauzerheiden III (joe) in message
    : :
    : > Hi,
    : >
    : > I'm running Win95 and have used this computer for about 2 years with the
    : > original installation of windows. I've only just noticed the slow clock
    : > about 2 weeks ago--it was 30 minutes slow. When I reboot the clock
    : > resets to the correct time. It then loses about a minute every 2-3
    : > hours.
    : >
    : > Any suggestions? Thanx...
    : >
    : Some programs (notably MacAfee antivirus, IIRC) running in the background
    can
    : cause your system clock to slow. Windows sets the system clock to the BIOS
    : clock on boot up. If your CMOS battery was bad, your clock would lose time
    : when the computer was shut down. Since it resets to the correct time on
    : bootup, your CMOS battery is OK, and you should look at what is running in
    : the background.
    :
    : --
    : The Old Sourdough
    : No of SETI units returned: 1925
    : Processing time: 3 years, 330 days, 0 hours.

    flintridgeparkenfarker vonkerschnauzerheiden III \, Aug 11, 2003