    understanding the boot image file but that's another issue. I then come
    across the update.exe parameter that purports to do the same. Haven't tried
    it yet. Does anyone know what the difference is?

    JustMe, Jan 4, 2005

  2. JustMe

    Billy Guest

    They both end up integrating the newer files into the package. With
    update you need to extract the files and then update. The second link
    will show you some options and methods to insure a bootable burn.

    More than you want to know, good read.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/deployment/winupdte.mspx
    Nice slipstream guide with clear steps and alternatives.
    http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread21978-1.html

    Billy, Jan 4, 2005

  3. JustMe

    JustMe Guest

    Thanks Billy. I'll look at that. The process really piqued my interest
    somehow. There is unending utility in this. I looked at it years ago under
    NT and tossed it as a PITA. This looks much more friendly.

    JustMe, Jan 4, 2005
  4. JustMe

    doS2k5 Guest

    doS2k5, Jan 4, 2005
  5. JustMe

    JustMe Guest

    Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I never did get a handle on writing the
    unattended build answer files. I work with one woman that's exceptionally
    skilled at SMS, package creation and unattended builds but I get so used to
    depending on her that I never take the time to learn. :-(

    JustMe, Jan 5, 2005
  6. JustMe

    Duck Ducking Guest

    Agree, good programme and great for those you want to help but are
    thick as planks.They can sit there while everything is done for them,
    no hard decisions like, what is their name etc.

    Duck Ducking, Jan 5, 2005