    via my personal domain name (name-at-mydomain.com) , without a similar "on
    behalf of..." message, which I think also appears in Gmail?

    Thanks in advance.

    Bob, Feb 28, 2014

  2. "Bob" wrote
    used email forwarding (at the moment to outlook.com). However, outgoing
    emails appear as "sent on behalf of..." which I'd prefer not to use.
    a simple, free IMAP service which will allow me to send and receive emails
    via my personal domain name (name-at-mydomain.com) , without a similar "on
    behalf of..." message, which I think also appears in Gmail?

    My understanding was that Gmail didn't do that but that there was such an
    item in the headers which gave the Googlemail address.

    Michael R N Dolbear, Feb 28, 2014

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I've got my own domain name and the package doesn't offer a mailbox, so
    used email forwarding (at the moment to outlook.com). However, outgoing
    emails appear as "sent on behalf of..." which I'd prefer not to use.
    a simple, free IMAP service which will allow me to send and receive emails
    via my personal domain name (name-at-mydomain.com) , without a similar "on
    behalf of..." message, which I think also appears in Gmail?

    My understanding was that Gmail didn't do that but that there was such an
    item in the headers which gave the Googlemail address.

    --------------

    Thanks, Mike, but Gmail does include the "on behalf of..." bit, unless you
    send through your own domain's smtp server (which my domain registrar
    doesn't provide - it's only a forwarding service). Grr!

    Any other ideas, anyone? All suggestions gratefully accepted.

    Bob, Feb 28, 2014
  4. Bob

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    Why not get your domain hosted, it's not expensive.

    Jeff Gaines, Feb 28, 2014
  5. Bob

    Peter Able Guest

    Hmm! time to change host ;-}}

    PA

    Peter Able, Feb 28, 2014
  6. Yahoo! does this quite well. OTOH there are other issues with Yahoo I
    am aware of, although I, personally, haven't suffered (yet).

    Rupert Moss-Eccardt, Feb 28, 2014
  7. I can receive emails addressed to my domain name and forwarded by
    123-reg to a pop.gmail.com account.

    Emails that I send via smtp.gmail.com appear to come from my domain.

    There is no 'on behalf of'.

    Michael Chare, Feb 28, 2014
  8. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I've got my own domain name and the package doesn't offer a mailbox, so
    I can receive emails addressed to my domain name and forwarded by
    123-reg to a pop.gmail.com account.

    Emails that I send via smtp.gmail.com appear to come from my domain.

    There is no 'on behalf of'.

    ------------

    A great deal depends on the mail client at the recipient's end. For
    example, I can send an email from my own domain via gmail to several
    addresses. In Gmail, my Android mail client and several others, it just
    shows the email address. However, in Outlook 2003 and 2010 it shows the "on
    behalf of...". Some mail clients pick this up from the header information,
    some don't. Unfortunately, my friend's main clients are all corporates who
    use Outlook 2010.

    Bob, Mar 1, 2014
  9. Bob

    Steve Guest

    Bob used his keyboard to write :
    I have my own domain name (for example, aaa.co.uk) hosted with
    www.1and1.co.uk but it didn't come with email, so I pay 69p + vat per
    month for their Instant Mail service, which allows me to have dozens of
    addresses in the form of , ,
    etc., etc. Well worth less than a quid a month IMHO.

    Steve, Mar 1, 2014
  10. Bob

    me Guest

    How about

    http://www.freehostia.com/free-chocolate.html

    me, Mar 1, 2014
  11. Bob

    bert Guest

    No such problem with BTInternet.com

    bert, Mar 1, 2014
  12. Bob

    Mark Guest

    But every other problem?

    Mark, Mar 4, 2014
  13. Bob

    bert Guest

    Possibly but that would be OT in this thread

    bert, Mar 6, 2014