Slightly off-topic. I warned you about this move toward a "rental economy."

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Sep 1, 2013.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Re: Slightly off-topic. I warned you about this move toward a"rental economy."

    On Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:17:55 PM UTC-4, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2013.09.01 13:44 , RichA wrote:
    >
    > > PS was just the beginning.

    > > http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the...ray-ignites-furor-over-limited-bonus-features

    > PS is about renting s/w.
    >

    > This story is about what bonus materials are available depending on the
    >
    > marketing channel when you purchase a movie.
    >

    > I do buy movies on DVD and Blu-Ray. I rarely watch the "bonus" material
    >
    > and could care less.

    A lot of enthusiasts do like the bonus material, the interviews, etc.

    RichA, Sep 1, 2013

  3. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    Alan Browne <> wrote:

    > >> PS is about renting s/w.
    > >>
    > >> This story is about what bonus materials are available depending on the
    > >> marketing channel when you purchase a movie.
    > >>
    > >> I do buy movies on DVD and Blu-Ray. I rarely watch the "bonus" material
    > >> and could care less.

    > > A lot of enthusiasts do like the bonus material, the interviews, etc.

    > Irrelevant. Not even "slightly" off topic. It's another world. Your
    > post title has nothing to do with the content of the article you linked.

    Yeah, this Paramount thing really isn't about "renting" in any capacity,
    and it has been going on forever, where certain mediums get certain
    extra features, generally the medium that the company want you to use
    get the most extra features, but in this case, it seems to be the other
    way around, so I'm guessing there are other factors.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

    Sandman, Sep 2, 2013