    drive type noise, but out of the speakers/headphones, not very loud,
    but enough to be annoying. How do I get rid of it? It is because my
    volume is set too high?

    Tim923, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Tim923

    Tim923 Guest

    It seems that when I have the headset connected, sometimes I hear hard
    It just happened with the headset removed, so...

    Tim923, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Tim923

    Art Jackson Guest

    I had a computer a few years ago, that had a similar low level
    background rumbling noise. The motherboard had a VIA chipset built in
    audio. I finally disabled that in BIOS, and installed a real sound card.
    It was quiet as could be after that. Good luck.

    Art Jackson, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Tim923

    Tim923 Guest

    I had a computer a few years ago, that had a similar low level
    OK, that might explain it. It is a built-in sound card.

    I'll mute all non-essential items in volume control. Sometimes that
    gets rid of hiss, etc.

    Tim923, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Tim923

    liviu19

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    HDD noise

    I got my HDD noise out by muting the Aux channel on my onboard audio card.
    Worth trying.
    Liviu

    liviu19, Sep 29, 2006