    Has anyone tried using a slide copier with a DSLR as a way of scanning slides?
    I sold my film scanner to help fund my Canon 10D and am wondering whether this
    is worth trying. regards, David

    Onepercentf, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Onepercentf

    Paul Rubin Guest

    A typical slide copier copies at 1:1 or even higher magnification, so
    you can crop the slide. That won't work with your D10 because the D10
    frame is already smaller than a 35mm frame. You can set something up
    with a macro lens though.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Yes. I've had good results with my 10D and the 100 f2.8 macro lens and stand. I
    set the camera's parameters settings so as to reduce contrast, and this allowed
    the capture of slides having a full range of tones. (Previously, using my
    CP4500 and Nikon's dedicated slide adaptor, I couldn't lower the 4500's contrast
    or saturation to do justice to my "best" slides. It was fine for 30 year old
    low contrast originals, though.)
    Light source was a "no-flicker" lightbox and I set the CWB on this.

    Malcolm Stewart, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Nikon makes a slide adaptor for their Coolpix line. I have copied slides with a
    Nikon CP 990 and it works very well.
    The light source is very important though. Pointing at he sky gives a bluish cast.
    A 5500° K light box is ideal.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Jan 6, 2004