    ABS Guest

    I've got a pc comming and it's got a GeForce 6800GT 256mb video card PCI-E.
    I could have had it come with 2 6600 PCI-E in SLI. Which would be better?

    ABS, Jul 30, 2005

  2. ABS

    Dave Lear Guest

    2 x 6600GTs.

    Dave Lear, Jul 30, 2005

  3. ABS

    ABS Guest

    How come? Also I assume the game has to support it etc.
    I've heard or at least I thought the 6600 was a lot slower then the 6800.

    ABS, Jul 30, 2005
  4. ABS

    Dave Lear Guest

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050524/vga_charts-02.html

    1 x 6800 GT - 3D Mark 2005 - 4987 points
    2 x 6600 GT - 3D Mark 2005 - 6465 points

    Basicaly, SLI'd 6600s are around 30% better than a single 6800. Of course,
    as your motherboard must have two PCI-E slots (or they couldn't have fitted
    two 6600s into it) there's nothing stopping you adding another 6800 in. Now
    that the 7800s are out the 6800s should get cheaper.

    Dave Lear, Jul 30, 2005