SLB problems with IOS 12.4.10 on 3640

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by haydude, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. haydude

    haydude Guest

    Hi All,

    I am load-balancing a web HTTP server (Apache) with a Cisco 3640 and
    SLB.
    Up to release 12.4.8a(LD) it was OK (almost, in the sense, accepting
    IOS SLB's limitations).

    Since I have upgraded to 12.4.10(LD) I started experiencing problems
    when accessing the site from behind a Proxy (Microsoft) and getting the
    following error:

    "Network Error (tcp_error)
    A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems
    preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at
    a later time"

    If the site is accessed directly instead, it responds OK. But ... if I
    power-cycle the router, I can connect again from behind the proxy, at
    least for a while. I do not have access to the Proxy server or
    configuration that fails to connect.

    There must be something wrong with IOS 12.4.10 SLB dropping connections
    but, I cannot make the problem to occurr when debugging with a direct
    connection, nor I can find anything wrong with "show ip slb ...."

    Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

    HD

    haydude, Sep 19, 2006