  1. How do I transfer the needed files to make my Slave a
    Master so that I can use it in another computer as a
    Master?

    Dennis Richards, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Dennis Richards

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Transferring files is not required. The difference between master and slave
    lies in the position of the jumpers on the back of the drive. Your drive
    should have come with a manual or some kind of documentation that displays
    positions of the jumper(s?) when in Master, Slave, or CS positions. You'll
    be able to take it out of your computer as a slave, move the jumpers, and
    toss it in the new computer as a master, no problem. Of course, this doesn't
    mean you'll be able to boot from it - that's another story. But it will be a
    master. Google will help you with that.

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 29, 2004