SKYPE Problem with calls to/from Orange & T-Mobile mobiles

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Rufus Stone, Feb 11, 2006.

  1. Rufus Stone

    Rufus Stone Guest

    I have just signed up to a SkypeIn number for 3 months. Everything
    works fine when I am called by land lines or by mobiles on the O2
    network. It is also fine when I am called by or call other Skype users
    using their nyms.

    However, if I am called by a mobile on Orange or T-Mobile, although I
    can hear them perfectly, they cannot hear anything from me. I have
    repeated this test with several mobile handsets and SIM cards and the
    result is always the same.

    My SkypeIn number is in the Manchester 0161 408 sequence and seems
    fine in all other respects.

    Has anyone else ever come across this problem? Could it be that the
    number, which was issued about three hours ago, needs time to
    propagate to these other mobile networks?

    Any ideas welcomed before I try to get more help from Skype on Monday.

    Thanks.

    R.

    Rufus Stone, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Rufus Stone

    Rufus Stone Guest

    Please disregard this message as it is started working correctly now.

    R.

    Rufus Stone, Feb 11, 2006