    With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
    computer and then works just like a regular phone?

    - JB

    JB, Jan 6, 2005

  2. JB

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Where are you located..? In the UK Maplins sell a USB phone that works
    with Skype.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 6, 2005

  3. JB

    JB Guest

    In the US

    JB, Jan 6, 2005
  4. JB

    Pepperoni Guest

    The SIP handset mutes your speakers when in use, inexpensive and good voice
    quality.
    http://store.sipphonestore.com/

    Here's a USB handset that bypasses your sound card for excellent digital
    voice.
    http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=475074
    It's branded "Glophone", but I have it in use both with SJPhone and XTen for
    several networks. Perhaps the best solution for net phone use.

    I own both of these units. I now use the USB phone because of the handset
    dialer and better voice quality. The USB handset does not use your pc
    soundcard to function.

    Pepperoni, Jan 6, 2005
  5. JB

    P.Enis Guest

    There is a SIEMENS USB-dadpter which allows you to use your regular
    phone. The price in Germany is 100 ¤.

    P.Enis, Feb 2, 2005
  6. JB

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Or there's the Cyberphone K (note the K suffix) from
    http://www.voipvoice.com - you need the *orange* colour-coded one for
    Skype. Don't have prices to hand but mine was around £30 here in the UK.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 3, 2005
  7. JB

    SidKnee Guest

    Is the Siemens M34USB available here in the UK or has anyone got any
    experience of using one?

    Sidk

    SidKnee, Feb 3, 2005
  8. JB