    Which is better?
    Any significant differences in features or performance?
    Or ease of use for the computationally challenged?

    Chris, May 7, 2007

  2. Chris

    harrogate3 Guest

    Neither. Skype is good if you have a fast feed and only want to talk
    to other Skype users, otherwise
    www.voip.co.uk
    or
    www.sipgate.de (which is in English)

    You get an incoming telephone number and can receive calls with
    Sipgate as soon as you register (no cost.) They will also supply
    f.o.c. a dedicated version of the X-Lite softphone which works quite
    well.

    harrogate3, May 7, 2007

  3. Chris

    Jono Guest

    Jono, May 7, 2007
  4. Chris

    Nick Guest

    Why "spoof" your email address when it is available
    in its correct format in the header information, which
    is where email harvester programs gather data?

    Nick, May 7, 2007
  5. Chris

    John Farley Guest

    I may be missing something here but, please correct me if so:

    Isn't Skype to skype across national borders or even local ISP providers
    free as it is essentially a global system. I thought that most other VOIP
    providers made a charge of some sort, if not in their own domain, then to
    other ISP providers and to foreign countries.

    That may be quite a big difference.

    Regards, John.

    John Farley, May 7, 2007
  6. Chris

    Nick Guest

    You're quite correct, you're missing something here.

    Nick, May 7, 2007
  7. Chris

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    NTL luser - nuff said