    Can anyone advise if this is fact? Amd is it therefore not compatible with
    any voip products?

    Many thanks

    Sacred, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh Sacred:
    Don't know about not compatible, but their broadband is so poor, it is
    next to useless, so you may find problems with Skype, just like you find
    problems with everything on TalkTalk. Though as Skype is a P2P program
    and TalkTalk degrade P2P use it, it quite possible that it will become
    useless for that reason also.

    You could however use proper VoIP, and not use Skype Hype.

    (It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the toy town service)

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 26, 2006

  3. Sacred

    The Invalid Guest

    For what it is Skype works fine, in most cases with a better sound
    reproduction that most other VOIP services I tried
    Ahhh alt.bigots would suit you fine then?

    The Invalid, Jul 26, 2006
  4. Sacred

    Mark Guest

    Better is highly subjective IMHO. I find it very tiring to listen to.

    [snip]

    Mark, Jul 26, 2006
  5. Sacred

    wikedhumor Guest

    At least you don't see endless posts at it isn't working today.
    Unlike with Sipgate users in this ng.

    wikedhumor, Jul 26, 2006
  6. Sacred

    Brian A Guest

    YES YES PLEASE!! A special newsgroup for Skype ! A wonderful idea!
    Then, when anyone posts Skype here, we can redirect them
    appropriately.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 26, 2006
  7. Sacred

    Sacred Guest

    Okay Guys thanks for the input

    What would be a proper Voip provider?

    Sacred, Jul 26, 2006
  8. Sacred

    The Invalid Guest

    Briliant !

    The Invalid, Jul 27, 2006
  9. Sacred

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Sipgate is working fine today. Where are the endless posts saying it
    isn't..?

    (Look up the meaning of the word 'endless')

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 27, 2006
  10. Sacred

    wikedhumor Guest

    WHoops!! Did you speak too soon again. <LOL>
    Sipgate moans and groans. Walls around the garden.
    Unhappy people.

    Surely the point of it all is that when one has become familiar with
    using a service/system then confidence in both that service and one's
    self grows. People ride out the minor bumps in the road.

    When people are attracted to what they perceive as a new
    technology/gadget, way of life, they are hesitant, and can become
    quickly helpless and disappointed as soon as something does not work
    as on the label or even does not work how they imagined it would.

    This why there is and will be a place in the market for services like
    Gradwell at one end and Skype / Tesco at the other. For people who
    don't even check the oil in their own car, the likes of Skype is
    great. For those who hand wash, empty their own ashtrays, and even
    change an air-filter then the likes of SIPgate, Voip.co.uk, etc.,
    will undoubtedly save a lot of cash and add very much more
    flexibility.

    Wik

    wikedhumor, Aug 1, 2006