Sky SMTP

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by Graham., Feb 21, 2015.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    In April last year I was moved from Be to Sky Broadband after the
    latter acquired the former.

    Yes, I know.

    smtp.tools.sky.com wont relay messages with a From: header that dosn't
    match your Sky email account, unless you enter all those you may wish
    to use into the Yahoo web portal, and respond to a confirmation email
    for each one.

    However, to my suprise smtp1.bethere.co.uk continued to work without
    any From: header restriction, until yesterday, some time after 1810.

    smtp1.bethere.co.uk still works but only when the From: header is the
    Sky email adress associated with your account. Totally usless for me.

    So I have changed it to smtp.tools.sky.com and entred some of the
    varients I use of my 16 year old Freeserve accounts, but it's all a
    bit of a palaver.

    I know. Yes I know!

    Graham., Feb 21, 2015

  2. Graham.