Sky Hub connection dropping

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by Derek F, Aug 12, 2014.

  1. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    My Sky broadband connection kept dropping on Saturday. I followed their
    on screen routine checking connections and let their system try to
    connect from their end. The connection kept dropping into Sunday when I
    pressed the rest button on the box.
    That got the connection back until this morning when it again
    intermittently dropped. I called Sky and got the usual request to plug
    into the test socket for 24 hours before they will go to stage 2
    whatever that may be. Not being as agile as I once was due to knee and
    hip problems I wanted to avoid that and go to stage 2 but had to do it.
    They seemed to make no effort to check for any exchange problems. When I
    had a similar problem many years ago with BT they eventually found a
    faulty PC board at the exchange.
    What happens next if:
    a the connection keeps dropping ?
    b things work as normal?
    I'll leave it in the test socket for for a few days to see if the
    connection eventually drops again.
    I've read on line of people leaving it connected to the test socket
    permanently .
    Derek

    Derek F, Aug 12, 2014

  2. Derek F

    Jono Guest

    Derek F used his keyboard to write :
    A) you'll be forced to repeat everything over and over and over again*
    B) Keep your fingers crossed.

    *I reported a no dialtone fault last Wednesday to Sky.
    Thursday, I ring up for an update....no fault logged. Finsish the call
    with a booking for an engineer to attend on Saturday 8am-1pm.

    Saturday, 1:20pm I ring Sky to ask why no engineer...no fault logged
    with Openreach. Receive reassurance though that one is definitely
    booked for Monday afternoon.

    Monday 5pm, I ring Sky to check the appointment's still intact...low
    and behold, no appointment is booked.

    Anyway, long story short, BT have now actually just arrived & fixed the
    fault - one of the pairs was "flapping" in the cab.

    Jono, Aug 13, 2014

  3. Derek F

    Graham J Guest

    [snip]
    The relationship between the ISP and Openreach is a nightmare! Having
    said that I did - just the once - get some compensation from Zen
    Internet when an Openreach engineer failed to turn up as booked. £45
    plus VAT, according to my notes ...

    I thnk the ISP industry should get together and pressurise Openreach
    into accepting liability for the non-arrival of their engineers.

    Graham J, Aug 13, 2014
  4. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    Seems that SKY are worse than the NHS for appointments. Are you being
    charged for the visit?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-2723459/The-130-call-fee-BT-shouldnt-charge-you.html
    Derek

    Derek F, Aug 13, 2014