SKILLS BEING MEASURED exam 70-306

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Christiaan, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Christiaan

    Christiaan Guest

    Can anyone please clarify and elaborate on the following
    topics under SKILLS BEING MEASURED
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp).
    application.
    VB6 code ??
    Installer requirements and Windows Logo Program
    requirements.
    What is meant with Windows Logo Program requirements?
    This topic is not discussed either in the MSDN or in the
    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Windows-
    based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET.
    I have no clue what is meant with URL remoting. I tried
    searching the MSDN.
    types include Windows Authentication, None, forms-based,
    Microsoft Passport, and custom authentication.
    Is the System.Web.Security namespace used for Microsoft
    Password and Form-based authentication? These classes are
    also not discussed in the Self-Paced Training Kit.

    Your help will be appreciated.

    Christiaan

    Christiaan, Feb 7, 2004

  2. www.codeclinic.com

    Brunswick Lowe, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Feb 9, 2004
  4. Brunswick Lowe, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Christiaan

    UAError Guest

    Most likely "Working with legacy code":
    - Instantiate and Invoke an ActiveX Control
    - Instantiate and invoke a COM and COM+ component.
    - Call native functions by using platform invoke.

    For Example:
    Microsoft .NET/COM Migration and Interoperability
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/cominterop.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/winlogo/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/partners/isvs/cfw.mspx

    Note that while currently that Training kit is today
    the top rated .NET item at amazon for programming books
    (position #66) it is usually deemed a great doorstop
    in this news-group. In case your interested, I got most
    of this info through Amit Kalani's 70-316, 70-320 books.
    Think of it as an XCOPY over the web scenario.
    You place the executable on a web server
    (which doesn't have to have .NET)
    and make it accessible via a URL:
    http://www.myserver.com/MyApp.exe

    Clicking the URL will download the app and start it locally
    (i.e. the client needs .NET). For this to work the executable
    must come from a server in a a "trusted zone".
    Visual Studio Securing Applications
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/vsintro7/html/vxoriSecuringApplications.asp

    Visual Studio Windows Forms Security
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/vbcon/html/vbconwindowsformssecurity.asp

    Building Secure ASP.NET Applications: Authentication, Authorization, and Secure Communication
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpMSDN.asp

    ..NET Passport Service Guide Kit
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/passport25/start_full.asp

    UAError, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Christiaan

    UAError Guest

    Launch a remote application (URL remoting).
    ah...there it is (not under URL remoting mind you)...look under

    "Using Internet Deployment to Achieve Zero Install and Zero Administration for Client Computers"
    Page 52

    in

    Deploying .NET Applications: Lifecycle Guide
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...18-7f17-4e0b-9e62-61d698bf0ee1&displaylang=en

    related:

    Death of the Browser?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnadvnet/html/vbnet10142001.asp