Sizing servers

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Richard Sherman, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Diana K Brown, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Richard Sherman

    KLXrider Guest

    How much hardware have you bought from MS....

    KLXrider, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Richard Sherman

    KLXrider Guest

    Those are minimum requirements which is all he was asking for. You
    get minimum requirements by RTFM.

    Each location is different, if he is going to run Exchange and ISA
    server, he needs to look at the operating recomendations, add them
    together and he has a baseline. He is the only one who knows how many
    users and systems will be on his network to adjust accordingly.

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18

    KLXrider, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Richard Sherman

    billyw Guest

    that was a given

    billyw, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Richard Sherman

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Actually, MS puts out some damn good hardware. I amusing a MS keyboard and
    mouse at work, a cordless optical mouse at home, and my bf uses an optical
    trackball. I have never had any trouble with any of these.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Aug 1, 2003
  6. Richard Sherman

    billyw Guest

    how does a woman amuse, said pieces of "hard"ware

    billyw, Aug 1, 2003
  7. I have never heard a company complain that their server is too fast.
    If the have a budget spend it all and maximize the growth potential, makes
    no sense to spend 1/2 and buy only what you need now and have to replace it
    soon.
    The hard part is if they want you to spec it out and give a price estimate.

    David Maggard, Aug 2, 2003