    again.

    ....Lisa
    using FF 1.03, win xp home SP2

    Lisa Hetherington, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Lisa Hetherington

    Moz Champion Guest

    The only sites not available to Firefox are those sites exclusively
    designed for IE.

    The parameters for a page to be available to Firefox are web standards,
    which makes the page available to any browser as well.

    Moz Champion, Apr 20, 2005

  3. No, all sites available to IE are also available to FF, but if the site
    does not use W3C standards compliant code, it may not render properly. In
    addition, some sites, notably the Windows Update site, use proprietary
    IE-only features like Active-X (which, BTW, can be a significant security
    concern).
    Merely compliance with the accepted W3C consortium standards.
    Which site is that? If you are getting an error message like that in your
    Subject line ("(site) could not be found") that is not a browser error,
    but a name resolution error. It means that whatever site you are using for
    your domain name server (DNS) cannot resolve the address you want. Make
    sure your network DNS settings are correct, or try a different DNS server.

    John Thompson, Apr 20, 2005
  4. the site is www.scrapnsisters.com

    I don't know how to check my network DNS settings or try a different DNS
    server.
    Is this site OK for you??

    ....Lisa

    Lisa Hetherington, Apr 20, 2005
  5. Lisa Hetherington

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Apr 20, 2005
  6. It's working now for me too!! I swear it wasn't earlier!! Why would it be
    OK sometimes and other times not??

    ....Lisa

    Lisa Hetherington, Apr 20, 2005
  7. Lisa Hetherington

    Moz Champion Guest

    Your local connection? Your local DNS server? Hard to say. If it
    happens again, then please advise.

    Moz Champion, Apr 21, 2005
  8. Yes, it worked fine for me. See if "http://65.61.237.112/" will work for
    you; that's the actual IP address of the site. If you can get through that
    way, then you can be quite certain that the problem is with DNS.

    To check how DNS is configured on your computer, go to Control
    Panel...Network" and on the "Configuration" page, click TCP/IP, and then
    properties. One of the tabs should be "DNS Configuration" -- if it is
    disabled you ar probably getting your DNS setting from your service
    provider via DHCP. In that case, under the "IP Address" tab it should have
    "obtain an IP address automatically" selected. If this all checks out, and
    it still doesn't work, then you will likely need to contact your service
    provider for help in setting up DNS properly.

    John Thompson, Apr 21, 2005
  9. You may have just hit them at a time when their DNS was being updated.

    John Thompson, Apr 21, 2005