    does in dollars? Another case of Rip-off Britain?

    If I were to import one from the US - would I have any problems besides
    the power supply?

    aris, May 20, 2005

  2. aris

    Bob L Guest

    Price ?
    cost of unit + duty + carriage + courier handling costs - then vat on
    top of the lot could well be close to the UK normal price.

    You may be lucky with the power supply if it is a switched mode one as
    many will work from 90volts to 230volts, if not that will be another
    expense for you..

    Bob L, May 20, 2005

  3. aris

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Can't see why you would. I imported my SPA-2000 from the US and apart from
    the PSU having a US plug it works fine. A shaver adaptor fixed that..!

    Don't forget Customs & Excise will probably rip you off for import duty
    and VAT.....

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2005
  4. aris

    digit Guest

    This happens everytime a company uses a distributer. My guess is that in
    the long run SIPURA will lose out as the far east is up and running at this
    product NOW..

    digit, May 21, 2005
  5. My SPA3k came with a switched-mode PSU with snap-on adapters available
    to fit in different country's sockets, some of the US vendors have the
    UK ones. Or like you suggest, a shaver adaptor would do the trick.

    VAT and duty isn't too bad, the real rip off is the carrier's brokerage
    charges, usually in the order of a tenner.

    My spa3k has quite a lot of background noise on the FXS port, if I'd
    ordered it from the UK I would have returned it for an exchange, but to
    do that to the US is so much of a pain that I've not bothered...

    Stuart Henderson, May 23, 2005
  6. aris

    aris Guest

    The prices I mentioned were all ex vat (and US sales tax). Duty is
    negligible really.

    This is still no excuse for rip-off pricing. I'll just buy different
    product, or import one.

    aris, May 23, 2005
  7. aris

    aris Guest