    the handset gain to 6 (from 0) Anything else we can do to improve things ?

    TIA

    JP

    John P, Oct 27, 2006

  2. John P

    Telephoneman Guest

    If it's of any help I had the same problem with a couple of Sipura 841s,
    which were US spec. After I downloaded the latest UK firmware (I think I got
    it from the voiptalk site?) they were fine.

    Liam

    Telephoneman, Oct 31, 2006

  3. John P

    Tim Bray Guest

    Possibly turning down the ear piece volume.

    The echo canceller may well be at work, lowering the microphone gain.

    Basically, if what comes out of the ear piece is going back into the
    microphone, then the echo canceller is going to be doing work.

    Also, which codec are you using? Use G.711a. If you are using G.729
    or G.723, then many listeners will perceive the received audio to be
    quiet.

    It isn't because it is quiet, just because they can't hear properly and
    so describe it as quiet.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Nov 4, 2006
  4. John P

    John P Guest

    Thanks - I will have a look at that.

    John P, Nov 5, 2006
  5. John P

    John P Guest

    Using G711u - should I change that to G711a ?

    John P, Nov 5, 2006
  6. John P

    Tim Guest

    Yes.