    couldn't remember the password for the second account and they
    sent me a new one almost immediately.

    Has the OP considered that maybe Sipgate just don't like him?

    Woody, Apr 9, 2013

  2. Guest

    Graham. Guest

    My experience is the same as Harold. I got an email regarding each
    account in December 2011. My original passwords were only 5 characters
    long, so maybe its a genuine tightening up of security rather than
    "firefighting"

    Here's the text:

    sipgate Change
    password
    sipgate GmbH * Gladbacher Str. 74 * 40219 Duesseldorf
    Your account number:

    Dear ,

    We have recently changed the security policy on our website. This
    means that you will need to create a new log-in password.

    Please click on the following link within 24 hours to create your new
    password:

    https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/...
    Thank you!

    If you have any further queries, please contact our support team at:

    Kind Regards,
    your sipgate team

    Questions? Send an email to:
    sipgate GmbH * Gladbacher Str. 74 * 40219 Duesseldorf
    Fax +49 211/30203322 * tNr. 106/5724/7147 * HRB 39841 Duesseldorf
    V.A.T. ID: DE219349391 * Company directors: Tim Mois/Thilo Salmon

    Graham., Apr 9, 2013

  3. As I already suggested, he could be using a throwaway email address that
    it not easily traceable to a real person.

    David Woolley, Apr 9, 2013
  4. Guest

    Nick Guest

    DID for free monthly rental? Who does it cheaper?

    The great thing about voip is you can use different providers for making
    and receiving calls.

    Nick, Apr 10, 2013
  5. That plus very reliable outgoing calls - can not recall any one-way speech
    or NU as I occasionally encounter with Localphone and Betamax. Also their
    server is happy to maintain multiple registrations and offer calls to all,
    unlike many who only offer calls to the last registered client.

    I so wish I had a Sipgate.com account too. Is anyone willing to sell one?

    Anthony R. Gold, Apr 10, 2013
  6. Broad sweeping statements like that are both useless and inaccurate for
    those who use routeing rules to direct outgoing calls through one VOIP
    provider or another, based on the number being called. My routing rules
    include the following routes - Landline, Landline using 18185, justvoip,
    voip.co.uk and sipgate. Not one of those is cheapest for all
    destinations and not one is most expensive for all destinations!

    For me sipgate is cheapest by miles for calls to Zimbabwean mobiles and
    nearer to home, 0871 numbers. Justvoip wins hands down on UK
    geographic, European and USA calls at 0.00p/minute using free minutes
    earned by calling Zimbabwean landlines at the justvoip rate which is
    lower than anyone else's - I currently have 355 free days!

    Does anyone use a single VOIP provider for ALL outgoing calls?

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Loades, Apr 10, 2013
  7. Guest

    tony sayer Guest

    Yes, VoIPfone...

    tony sayer, Apr 10, 2013
  8. Guest

    Chris Blunt Guest

    I do, but then I only use Sipgate.co.uk for one specific purpose. It
    gives me a UK geographical number which I can receive calls at home in
    the Philippines on, and I can make calls back to the UK at local
    rates. That's just about all I need normally.

    My average total spend with them is less than £10 a year.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Apr 11, 2013
  9. Guest

    Ria Elaine Guest

    sipgate.com is the US site. The UK site is, surprisingly, sipgate.co.uk
    where I see no such notice.

    Ria

    Ria Elaine, Apr 14, 2013
  10. Guest

    Chris Davies Guest

    This first happened to me about four years ago. I lost one of my VoIP
    accounts with them because I couldn't provide the associated identity
    information (it had originally been set up for a contractor. They'd left
    but I'd not updated the personal information to point back to me).

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Apr 15, 2013
  11. Guest

    Chris Davies Guest

    I think (BCBBTC) that I use smslisto for all my outgoing. (Calling
    pattern is mostly UK mobiles with some Europe/US/NZ/AU landlines.)

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Apr 15, 2013
  12. Guest

    Mark Evans Guest

    AFAIK there is no requirement actually have either document in the
    first place.

    Have you contacted the Information Commisioner's Office about this?

    Mark Evans, Apr 21, 2013