    under 'missed calls' on the website (the phone hasn't got caller display
    unfortunately). What might be the reason for this random ringing? Using
    Linksys ATA.

    Paul Clarke, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Paul Clarke

    Jono Guest

  3. Paul Clarke

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Paul Clarke formulated :
    Another thought occurs - if there's a voicemail waiting, the handset
    will ring periodically to let you know

    Jono, Aug 29, 2007
  4. Paul Clarke

    Ivor Jones Guest

    : : It happens that Paul Clarke formulated :
    : : : The handset serving by my Sipgate line rings a
    : : : couple of times now and again - but there's no actual
    : : : incoming call it seems, as nothing is recorded under
    : : : 'missed calls' on the website (the phone hasn't got
    : : : caller display unfortunately). What might be the
    : : : reason for this random ringing? Using Linksys ATA.
    : :
    : : Another thought occurs - if there's a voicemail
    : : waiting, the handset will ring periodically to let you
    : : know

    If it's configured to do so. I turned it off on all mine, it drove me mad.
    I have my voicemails sent as email attachments now.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 29, 2007
  5. Andrew Gabriel, Aug 30, 2007
  6. Paul Clarke

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    I always knew there had to be a rational explanation ;-)

    Desk Rabbit, Aug 30, 2007
  7. Paul Clarke

    Paul Clarke Guest

    Very many thanks - its the PAP2 I have which is presumably same as or
    similar to the one referred to. I'll look for an upgrade.

    Regards,

    Paul

    Paul Clarke, Aug 30, 2007
  8. It can't be the same problem then, as I didn't think the
    PAP2 had an exchange line phone port (although I haven't
    got one).

    Andrew Gabriel, Aug 31, 2007