    to? Does anyone know if I can claim my credit back from them, as I am
    wanting to move to another company who (hopefully) can deliver a better
    service and I have around 22 quid on sipagte last time I looked.

    Sass, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Sass

    Mr T Guest

    get out befor eit goes tits up, or maybe eyevor jones could help you as he
    is associated directly with the company as eyevor himself has freely
    admitted.

    Mr T, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Can you give more details of the equipment used at both ends..? Were the
    calls Sipgate to Sipgate or were the incoming calls from the PSTN..? Are
    you or the other person using softphones (PC's) or hardware, i.e. IP
    phones or ATA's with landline phones plugged in..?

    Lack of audio and one-way audio are more often than not the reault of
    misconfiguration, particularly port forwarding. I had this problem when I
    first started until I figured out that my router was not compatible. After
    I changed it I had no major problems at all.

    I agree about the voicemail, but despite its language difficulties it does
    work, in that it saves messages if you're offline or can't get to the
    phone.

    Please let me know if you want to do any direct tests, I may be able to
    help once I know the hardware/software situation.

    Ivor

    (PS take no notice of Stefan)

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Sass

    Brian A Guest

    Your experience is not unusual. If you look among the postings on this
    group you would be pressed to find a good word about Sipgate other
    than their free geographic numbers. However, if they don't work a lot
    of the time what use are they.
    I spent a great deal of time trying to get my ATA going with Sipgate -
    it really wasn't worth it.
    I have just gone on to voipfone.co.uk.
    I set up the ATA with the settings they recommend and it worked
    straight away. They have a good reputation for reliability on this
    group. They have a good voice mail system, call waiting and caller
    display as standard.
    You can choose to have a geographic number for £2/month.
    However, if you choose to have an free 0506 number then that can be
    dialled for the same cost as a standard geographic number on 18866 -
    most of my friends have that so no problem.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Sass

    Mr T Guest

    eyevor will be asking for details as he works fro sipgate

    Mr T, Sep 6, 2005
  6. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I'm trying to help, why don't you do something positive for a change,
    Stefan..?

    Ivor (note the Capital I at the start)

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  7. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    They work 99% of the time for me. Stefan and Dex will have you believe
    it's because I have a connection with them or even work for them (I don't)
    but even if I did, do they supply a separate working network for just a
    few people..?!
    I'd be interested to know what problems. Most issues are down to
    misconfiguration. I had almighty problems with Sipgate when I first
    started, it took me weeks to find out it was my router that was
    incompatible, after I replaced it I had no major problems at all, that was
    a year ago. Yes, Sipgate have had more than their fair share of troubles
    with outages, etc (several of which were caused by problems elsewhere in
    the network, not within Sipgate) but other systems aren't faultless
    either, despite what Stefan says about Vonage..!
    A lot of people, myself included, don't like non-geographic numbers. Are
    these 0506 numbers charged at the same rate as a normal landline number
    from BT or Telewest *without* using any callthrough service..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  8. Sass

    Sass Guest

    I'm not too keen on the poor service from Sipgate either : (

    Sass, Sep 6, 2005
  9. Sass

    Anon Y Mous Guest

    From BT yes, I'm not sure about the others

    Anon Y Mous, Sep 6, 2005
  10. Sass

    Anon Y Mous Guest

    I was wondering how long it would take before you reacted! Surely the
    best way to deal with someone like that is to ignore them

    Anon Y Mous, Sep 6, 2005
  11. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    True, but sometimes Stefan-baiting is fun ;-)

    I know, I know, this is my last word on it (for now..!)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  12. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    So tell me more and I may be able to help. Like I said, most problems stem
    from misconfiguration. I had terrible problems with them but I persevered
    and sorted most of them and I have a reasonably reliable service, and
    despite what some would have you believe I don't work for them.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  13. providing you have Ivor in your killfile ?

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Sep 6, 2005
  14. Thus spaketh Sass:

    I never get any of these problems others 'seem' to have.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 6, 2005
  15. Sass

    Brian A Guest

    TW charge exactly the same as BT. However, I thought that the charges
    were a little more on BT than stasndard landline. Charges are approx
    5/2/1 p/min.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 6, 2005
  16. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    You don't work for them as well as me, do you..?! ;-)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  17. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Stefan keeps saying he's put me in his, but he keeps replying to me..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  18. Sass

    Mr T Guest

    Sorry whos stefan

    Mr T, Sep 6, 2005
  19. Sass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    The person using the IP address 81.110.218.193, proving you haven't
    killfiled me.

    That was 17 minutes from when you said you had.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 6, 2005
  20. Sass

    Mike Guest

    Duh! You are. Proof below. You need to do more than just change your
    email address and name. Try using a different IP address than the
    81.110.218.193 you always post from.

    From: "Mr T" <>
    Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip
    Subject: Re: Sipgate, not delivering a relaible service here....
    Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:58:08 GMT

    Sorry whos stefan

    From: "Stefan Kaniuk" <>
    Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip
    Subject: Re: VONAGE
    Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:31:35 GMT

    youre always afgainst things arent you-- i have seven lines and it took me
    10 mins to set up--if you dont like it dont moan--its certainly much better
    than all the other crap voip services

    Mike, Sep 6, 2005