    and I am getting a recorded message in German (I think). Appologies up front
    if it's not.

    Any ideas?

    Sean Ashdown, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Sean Ashdown

    Ivor Jones Guest

    There is a bug in the voicemail system somewhere which unfortunately still
    hasn't been sorted out, although I hope it will be soon..! Try dialling
    again and you will get the English message on the next try or maybe after
    two or three..!

    Anyway, the options to set up an outgoing message are as follows:

    Dial 50000 and when the message starts (in English or German..!) enter a 0
    (zero) for the voicemail options menu.

    Then enter 1 to record your outgoing message. Speak it after the bleep and
    when you are finished press the # key. You are limited to 30 seconds for
    the o/g message.

    Then press 2 to listen to it, and if you are satisfied press 1 to save it,
    or 3 to re-record it. Don't forget to press # after speaking the message
    or it won't save.

    Then press * to return to the main menu or hang up.

    Hope this helps,

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Sean Ashdown

    Dexter Guest

    Very strange Ivor I received an email on Thursday informing me that
    all the problems with Voicemail had now been sorted it was signed by
    someone I had not heard of before . Seems that this chap is talking
    through his backside like the rest of Sipgate staff appear to do .

    Dexter, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Sean Ashdown

    Dexter Guest

    Live with it Sean it will grow on you in time !!.

    Dexter, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Sean Ashdown

    Tom Guest

    I think you should just give up Sipgate, they are rubbish. Not working
    consistently and no support. I am now using vopifone and it's much better
    and also cheaper. Also, their voice mail prompt sounds more professional...

    Tom, Jul 23, 2005
  6. Sean Ashdown

    Dexter Guest

    Well I have been hanging on and hanging on Tom in the hope that there
    would be some improvement but none has been forth coming . I have now
    pulled one Sipgate line out of my Sipura adaptor and the other will be
    following shortly once I have used up the remaining credit on that
    line which is not far off .
    I agree there is always something not working and there is some
    support even though very poor and customers are unable to contact them
    by phone which is just not good enough as far has I am concerned .
    Voipfone are more professional in every aspect of the service they
    provide . I only use their mobile call back service now having got two
    voice lines with Vonage, and if Vonage and Voipfone can provide these
    excellent levels of service for their customers so could Sipgate if
    they had the expertise and a willingness to do so .

    Dexter, Jul 23, 2005
  7. i see ivor is still supporting sipgate the fool, VONAGE never has these
    problems and for 18.99 a month you have unlimited calls and a free fax line,
    my previous bills used to be over 340 quid a month for business calls now
    their only 18.99

    Stefan Kaniuk, Jul 23, 2005
  8. Sean Ashdown

    Sean Ashdown Guest

    Thanks for that guys. I'll try all the suggestions and possibly give a few
    of the other services a go.

    Sean Ashdown, Jul 24, 2005