    that was more than 10 days ago!

    Anyone else have this problem and, better still, a solution?

    Stephen

    Stephen Peterson, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Stephen Peterson

    John Smith Guest

    What router/modem do you have in front ?

    John Smith, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Stephen Peterson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I'm told by a friend who has one that this is the thing registering itself
    repeatedly. Not sure if there's much you can do, but he tells me that the
    phones work even though the lights flash.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Stephen Peterson

    Dexter Guest

    You should have subscribed to a provider who's supplied equipment
    works shouldn't you Stephen , how many more times must I say Sipgate
    are crap !! .

    Dexter, Sep 13, 2005
  5. Stephen Peterson

    StudMuffin Guest

    i agree sipgate have a lot to learn, still eyevor will be along shortly to
    back them to the hilt no doubt.

    StudMuffin, Sep 13, 2005
  6. Stephen Peterson

    Nick Guest

    I can confirm this is "normal" as my unit does exactly as described.
    One point from a reply on the NG about the phones still working
    when the LED's flash. This is only true for incoming calls, outgoing
    is U/S until a steady green LED shows.

    Nick, Sep 13, 2005
  7. Thank you Nick - this is a very helpful reply. I guess we should be prepared
    to suffer a few hiccups with such a new technology but I do hope they find a
    fix for this one soon. It will tarnish Netgear's reputation if they're not
    careful.

    Everything else about the Sipgate service has been superb - the voicemail
    emailed as an mp3 attachment is a particularly wonderful innovation although
    I find the business model of offering free numbers, free voicemail with no
    requirement to pay for any outbound traffic curious. Must be a loss-leader
    to gain subscribers.

    Stephen

    Stephen Peterson, Sep 13, 2005
  8. Netgear 834 with ports forwarded etc.

    Stephen Peterson, Sep 13, 2005
  9. Stephen Peterson

    themgt Guest

    Outbound calls aren't free. See http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php

    The UK fixed line tariff is 1.19p/min

    themgt, Sep 14, 2005
  10. Stephen Peterson

    John Smith Guest

    with the DG834G I find port forwarding sometimes wont work with this
    device - you must place it in the DMZ instead and delete all forwarding
    rules.

    John Smith, Sep 14, 2005
  11. Stephen Peterson

    Dexter Guest

    And that is why they are not the good deal Ivor says they are
    considering the substandard service they provide .

    Dexter, Sep 14, 2005
  12. I meant you don't have to pay anything unless you make outgoing calls.

    Stephen

    Stephen Peterson, Sep 15, 2005