    Note: I can configure this router to a voipbuster account OK, but not
    sipdiscount....

    Paul

    paul123, Oct 29, 2005

  2. paul123

    Jono Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    || I'm trying to configure a friend's zoom x5v router to Sipdiscount, with
    || no joy. Anyone got it going on this router?
    || If so, what settings?
    || Note: I can configure this router to a voipbuster account OK, but not
    || sipdiscount....
    || Paul

    Try mixing & matching between VB's & SD's sever addresses. Also try ther
    servers' IP addresses rather than names.

    Jono, Oct 29, 2005

  3. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Try mixing & matching between VB's & SD's sever addresses. Also try ther
    servers' IP addresses rather than names.

    I think I tried just about every combo possible, starting from working
    VB settings. I'll try the IP addresses next time I get the chance.

    paul123, Oct 29, 2005
  4. paul123

    Jono Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    || servers' IP addresses rather than names.
    || I think I tried just about every combo possible, starting from working
    || VB settings. I'll try the IP addresses next time I get the chance.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} apparently got his PAP2 working with the following
    settings:

    Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com
    Outbound Proxy: nat.voiptalk.org:5065
    Use Outbound Proxy: Yes
    Use OB Proxy In Dialog: Yes
    User ID and Password: as expected.
    Preferred Codec: G711
    Use Pref Codec Only: Yes

    Jono, Oct 29, 2005
  5. paul123

    Scope Guest

    Me too.. I also use 'Use Auth Id' = No.. Dont know if this makes a
    difference though.

    Scope, Oct 29, 2005
  6. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Thanks, I'll try this out when I next get over to my friend's house.
    Will let you know.

    paul123, Oct 29, 2005
  7. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Ok!

    The following works for a SIPdiscount account on the zoom X5v (other
    configurations will probably work too):

    User ID: Username
    Authorization ID: Username
    Password: password
    Display Name: Username (don't think this is too important)
    Domain/Realm: sip.voipbuster.com
    SIP Port: 5060
    SIP Proxy address:
    SIP Proxy Port: 0
    Outbound Proxy Address:
    Outbound Proxy port: 0

    The rest was unchanged from a previous voipbuster setup....

    Note: SIP Proxy address and Outbound Proxy Address are left blank. If
    you have a problem here - ie it won't let you leave it blank - just
    click into the field delete whatever was autofilled, then click your
    browser back button twice, then forward twice and the field's blank!
    bit Heath Robinsonish, but it works!

    Paul

    paul123, Nov 5, 2005