Sipdiscount and Voipbuster accounts on Iaxcomm

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by paul123, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    For those who have Voipbuster and SIPdiscount accounts who want to run
    both from software on your PC, try the iaxcomm client (win, lin, mac)
    from here:
    http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/

    To setup your Voipbuster account, go to accounts, add:

    --
    Account Name: VoipbusterUsername
    Host: iax.voipbuster.com

    and for your SIPdiscount account add:

    --
    Account Name: sipdiscountUsername
    Host: sip.sipdiscount.com (iax.voipbuster.com also works here!)

    The virbiage-firefly third party software can also do this (windows
    only).

    Paul

    paul123, Nov 6, 2005

  2. paul123

    Julius Guest

    Julius, Nov 6, 2005

  3. paul123

    Brian A Guest

    I have installed this but I am unsure on how to set it up properly.
    Do you have to use an Asterisk box or can it be used as a stand-alone
    softphone?
    I just want to use it with voipcheap. When I use their software it
    always locks up.
    I haven't found a suitable guide to setting up MozPhone as a
    stand-alone softphone - any suggestions?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 6, 2005
  4. paul123

    Julius Guest

    You as a client only need to connect to a server offering IAX
    I don't think voipcheap allow SIP or IAX, only their own softphone
    (beats me why they are doing this since, voipbuster/sipdiscount are all
    their products too)

    But you can try it with voipbuster for definite, I don't know if
    sipdiscount allow IAX

    JP

    Julius, Nov 6, 2005
  5. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Brian, I suppose you've tried unistalling before reinstalling the
    latest version?

    Voipcheap and Netappel (both Finarea companies) accounts don't work in
    iaxcomm, nor in the virbiage client. According to this thread, they are
    both encrypted:
    http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_2812.html

    Paul

    paul123, Nov 6, 2005