    ie i have a printer at a lan and internet at WAN!

    thanks
    Regards

    A. Qadah, Nov 26, 2007

  2. Note that WAN means "Wide Area Network" - not wireless. Your wireless
    connection is still part of a LAN (it's sometimes called WLAN, but that may
    not make sense in your situation).

    The short answer to your question is "yes" - but it would help if you can
    provide more info about your exact setup. Where is the wireless access point
    in your scenario? Is this a home network?

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 26, 2007

  3. A. Qadah

    A. Qadah Guest

    Hi

    thanks for your reply and for the WAN and wireless difference explanation.

    I have the following configuration:
    i have a lan with ip ranges 192.168.19.* --> provides Printer, network
    Drives resources
    and a wireless with ip ranges 192.168.40.* --> provides Internet

    its not a home network; its a company network
    i hope this helps

    thanks

    A. Qadah, Nov 26, 2007
  4. OK. Since this is a business network, I suggest you speak to the people who
    manage your IT to
    discuss your options with them.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 26, 2007