    both machines running XP

    thanks,
    mike.

    mike, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Hi

    If three is a routing mechanism before the laptop you can Bridge.
    Otherwise, use ICS.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 14, 2006

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    thanks...

    no, no routing mechanism...
    and now i'm starting to think it is not a possibility
    for the laptop to be simultaneously connected to both the
    AP & the desktop if it has only the one wireless adapter ???

    mike, Oct 14, 2006
  4. mike

    Lem Guest

    mike wrote:
    > thanks...
    >
    > no, no routing mechanism...
    > and now i'm starting to think it is not a possibility
    > for the laptop to be simultaneously connected to both the
    > AP & the desktop if it has only the one wireless adapter ???

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>If three is a routing mechanism before the laptop you can Bridge.
    >>Otherwise, use ICS.
    >>
    >>Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>

    >>"mike" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>laptop connects to AP wirelessly for internet...
    >>>desktop is out of range of the AP
    >>>but within wireless range of laptop...
    >>>
    >>>can i give the desktop a USB wireless adapter
    >>>and connect to laptop AD HOC
    >>>and maybe bridge the AP and AD HOC connections on laptop and use ICS
    >>>in order to achieve internet connectivity on desktop ???
    >>>
    >>>both machines running XP
    >>>
    >>>thanks,
    >>>mike.

    right, the laptop would need two adapters. you might be better off
    trying some of Jack's suggestions here: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, Oct 15, 2006