    ADSL modem router. Am I right? Is there a better solution for this?

    Thanks
    Ramesh

    Ramesh, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Ramesh

    James Gockel Guest

    Make it simple.
    You have two choices:
    1) a computer with a wireless card you could set up (you know $500 minimum)
    and would connect directly to the dsl modem.
    2) a wireless router would connect to the dsl modem, have everything set
    up... 30min it's simple. Find a linksys or netgear wireless router... don't
    buy a speed booster or somthing and spend an extra $20 because the slowest
    wireless connection is way faster than adsl itself, so it's not necesary.
    and it's a waste of $$$

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5250774&type=product&id=1051384663529
    if that link doesnt work, look up "Linksys 802.11g Wireless Router" or
    WRT54G for $50.. (according to BB's website) it's an excellent deal!

    and i guarentee when you buy the dsl their free tech support will help you
    set it up... just read the instructions... I dont want to see you back on
    here after you buy it ;-) j/k I'd be glad to give any more support you'd
    need!
    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 24, 2006