Simple question that I should remember that answer to, but don't.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by GrandpaChuck, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. GrandpaChuck

    GrandpaChuck Guest

    I have an aquarium screen saver on my notebook that I would like to
    share with my two desktop computers on my home network.

    The only thing is, I can't seem to remember the extension for screen
    saver files. Consequently, I can't run a search for it and I don't
    know which Windows XP directory to look in.

    I know this seems so fundamental that it is silly, but when you are
    having a brain block on something like this it's pretty aggravating.

    This disappeared as I was writing it. Don't know how that happened.

    Thanks all for your help and understanding of a rather old man who is
    just trying to keep up.
    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    The following information is given with the utmost respect for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
    The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of July 24, 2006 is 2,567. Americans wounded = more than 18,356 United Kingdom = 113 Other = 113
    Over 100 Iraqi civilians are killed every day. Most of them by the so-called insurgents.
    Today, July 25, 2006 it has been 1181 days since Bush declared,"Mission Accomplished in Iraq." Why do some people still believe what he says?

    GrandpaChuck, Jul 25, 2006

  2. GrandpaChuck

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Jul 25, 2006

  3. GrandpaChuck

    thanatoid Guest

    It used to be .scr

    In any case, if you "find file" "*aqua*.*" it should find the
    file(s) you are looking for. It is unlikely there are many files
    containing that word in your Win directory.

    Screensavers used to mainly end up in System or sometimes
    Windows Root, I don't know where they go in XP but just search
    the entire windows directory in "find file" and it will find
    them.

    thanatoid, Jul 26, 2006
  4. You sent it.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 26, 2006