  1. If you alphabetize your DVD collection, go to it and check what your
    first and last DVDs are. Mine are:

    A.I. and xXx

    Phatty Boombatty, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Phatty Boombatty

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    101 Dalmations (or A.I. depending on how you alphabetize
    Zulu (or 9/11 Commemorative Edition)

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Phatty Boombatty

    Urnest Guest

    American Beauty to the Usual Suspects. (With 61* jumping back and forth,
    depending.)

    Urnest, Apr 10, 2004
  4. Phatty Boombatty

    John Guest

    Do numbers come first? Some collections automatically put them before
    letters...

    If so, then mine are '24 Hour Party People' and 'Year of the Horse'. If
    not, substitute 'About a Boy' for '24 Hour...'

    John, Apr 10, 2004
  5. Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein: Comedy Legends to Zu: Warriors From the
    Magic Mountain: Hong Kong Legends.

    Clint & Ilona Johnson, Apr 10, 2004
  6. Phatty Boombatty

    Mike Davis Guest

    Sorry Phatty,
    Mine are not alphabatized whatsoever. I use the "Genre" method of
    storage, all the horror together, all the action together, drama, etc. Even
    then this goes out the window where in some cases all films by an actor or
    director are together. For instance, there is the "Kevin Smith" section as
    there is a "John Frankenheimer" and "Coen Brothers" section. The "Arnie"
    section contains both actioners like T2 but also comedies like "Twins."
    Likewise for the Jodie Foster section, serious stuff like "Silence of the
    Lambs" is alongside "Foxes." In fact there's a goofy example, because all of
    the Hannibal Lecter films are together in the Jodie section <ggg.> Actually
    this makes more sense than you might think at first. Let's say you want to
    watch a Hannibal movie, you think first of Jodie's Oscar role as Clarice
    Starling. Go to the Jodie section and there are all the Hannibal movies.
    This is also a rare example of where a Criterion film is stored away from
    the Criterion section. Normally all my Criterion's live together, but "SOTL"
    lives in the Jodie section. Makes perfect sense, huh? It's call storage by
    association <ggg.>
    In my case we buy so many movies (well over four thousand now) that it
    would be impossible to alphabatize, I'd spend all my time moving the
    collection around to make room for something that needs to go in the middle.
    All the best, Mike

    Mike Davis, Apr 10, 2004
  7. Phatty Boombatty

    Scott Blair Guest

    Air Force One & Young Frankenstein

    Scott

    Scott Blair, Apr 10, 2004
  8. Phatty Boombatty

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Adaptation and Zelig.

    Joshua Zyber, Apr 10, 2004
  9. Phatty Boombatty

    Tarkus Guest

    I don't have a huge collection, but mine are "Abyss" and "UHF" (or
    "Yesspeak" if you want to count music-oriented DVDs).

    Tarkus, Apr 10, 2004
  10. Phatty Boombatty

    Tarkus Guest

    I put my numerical ones in alphabetical order also. For example, "12
    Monkeys" goes where "Twelve Monkeys" would go. I think that's how most
    video stores do it.

    Tarkus, Apr 10, 2004
  11. Phatty Boombatty

    Dragon Guest

    101 dalamations and zombie flesh eaters 3

    Dragon, Apr 10, 2004
  12. Phatty Boombatty

    madkevin Guest

    First: "24 Hour Party People" or "Akira", depending on the method.
    Last: "X-Men".

    This, unfortunately, makes my DVD collection look a lot shittier than it
    actually is. I also don't shelve them alphabetically, as I find it makes more
    sense to group them thematically into sections: film noir, animated, television
    shows, foreign, etc. Interestingly, though, the Coen Brothers would seem to
    constitute their own genre.

    Kevin "Lebowski" Cogliano

    madkevin, Apr 10, 2004
  13. And numbers?

    2 Fast 2 Furious... otherwise, Bourne Identity
    X2: X-Men United

    Robert Bindler, Apr 10, 2004
  14. Mine are _À Nous la Liberté_ and _Zulu_. As endpoints go, I'm pretty happy
    with those.

    (I have _A.I._, too, but I alphabetise it as if it were _AI_, so it's later
    in the "A" section. See the alphabetisation thread at
    http://google.com/groups?selm=
    for more detail than you could ever want about my organisation system.)

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, Apr 10, 2004
  15. Phatty Boombatty

    DigitalDeude Guest

    2 Fast 2 Furious or Bad Boys II
    XXX

    DigitalDeude, Apr 10, 2004
  16. 28 Days Later, Zardoz

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Apr 10, 2004
  17. A.I. and Young Sherlock Holmes

    Arthur Lipscomb, Apr 10, 2004
  18. Phatty Boombatty

    Andrew Venor Guest

    My DVD Profiler list goes from 12 Monkeys to Zulu. But if you don't
    count numbers then the list starts with The Abyss.

    ALV

    Andrew Venor, Apr 10, 2004
  19. Phatty Boombatty

    Tarkus Guest

    Mine are alphabetical within genres, though I currently only have a few
    genres (e.g. movies, TV, music).

    Tarkus, Apr 10, 2004
  20. 12 Monkeys and Wizard of Oz

    Reginald Dwight, Apr 10, 2004