    as they land in the country.

    And there's a rumor that a new DSLR will be introduced at PMA in February.

    Happy Holidays, Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Dan Sullivan

    Guest Guest

    proof?

    Guest, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Dan Sullivan

    PhotoMan Guest

    Oh geez - I wonder how many preddies that'll spawn.

    PhotoMan, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    George can be a bit MUCH at times.

    ;-)))))

    Best, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Don't ya believe me?

    Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 24, 2003
  6. Pricegrabber shows 15 on-line resellers with availability. If Sigma "sold
    out" then they stuffed the channel chock full of these white elephants, with
    no guarantee that they're not coming back unless they gave the resellers a
    blow-out price with a no-return policy.

    Steven M. Scharf, Dec 24, 2003
  7. Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    So?

    I didn't say they weren't available from retailers, did I?
    Every company wants to sell all of their products.

    And the buyers from all 15 of those on-line resellers obviously decided to
    B-U-Y SIGMA SD9s!!!
    Is this just an unsubstantiated assumption on your part?

    I'll bet it is.

    Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 24, 2003
  8. Dan Sullivan

    Rosedco Guest

    The SD9 is readily available on EBay

    RM

    Rosedco, Dec 24, 2003
  9. Any clues? I've heard rumors between 16-18MP with a 1.3X crop factor. At
    18MP it would be the first true 6MP camera, as opposed to 1.5MP of full
    color interpolated up to to 6M output pixels with the current crop of
    6MP-interpolated DSLRs, or 3.43MP full color sensors interpolated up to 14MP
    like the SD9/10 and Kodak 14n. The original Foveon prototype was 16MP.

    George Preddy, Dec 24, 2003
  10. TechTV gave the SD10 a pretty good 'bang for the buck' approval a couple
    ofweeks ago...

    I'll stick to Minolta's or Canon's, but to each his own...

    Ernest T. Bass, Dec 24, 2003
  11. Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Sure... but I'm not telling.

    ;-P
    Who told you that?

    A 1.3X crop factor would mean the sensor is larger than their top of the
    line SD10.
    Best, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 24, 2003
  12. The rumor mill.
    And SD9.

    George Preddy, Dec 24, 2003
  13. Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Fair enough!

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 24, 2003
  14. Dan Sullivan

    Mark B. Guest

    So how many would that be? 10? 12? a billion? Doesn't mean much w/o a real
    number.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 24, 2003
  15. Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Well, when so many people claim that the Sigma DSLRs aren't selling and
    Sigma is sold out on one model and can't keep the other model in stock...
    you figure it out.

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  16. Dan Sullivan

    Mark B. Guest

    I don't really care that much to figure it out. If you're trying to make a
    point, it would be a lot more meaningful with sales figures.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 25, 2003
  17. Do you ask the Lambo dealer how many were sold last year when you bought
    your Diablo? I guarantee you when they ponder the answer, they are
    thinking fewer is better.

    George Preddy, Dec 25, 2003