    stated that:
    3.4MP.

    Where are those photos you sold, Preddiot?

    Lionel, May 28, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:
    Sure - as long as they don't put it up on their own website - like you
    did, Preddiot.
    Gotta love the fact that the only way you can get a halfway decent photo
    up on your Pbase webpage is by stealing one from the copyright owners.
    ---- There's nothing there that says it's legal for you to download one of
    their sample images (or software) & make it available for other people.
    In fact, I notice also that the license agreement
    <http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/downloads/full/spp_license_agreement.pdf>
    on that page *specifically says* that you are *only* permitted to use
    their files "for use by you on computers which are owned by you or under
    your control", ie; you are not permitted to make them available to other
    people.
    ----

    Lionel, May 28, 2004

  3. George Preddy

    Guest Guest

    We will see what Foveon and the copyright holder say... They have been
    contacted.

    Guest, May 28, 2004
  4. George Preddy

    PTRAVEL Guest

    What they may not do is copy it to another website, which violates two of
    the reserved rights for copyright - the reproduction right and the
    distribution right.

    You spend a lot of time posting on topics which you clearly know nothing
    about.

    Paul N. Tauger, Esq.
    Cal. State Bar No. 160552

    Look me up in Google, Preddy, and then let's talk about who is qualified to
    give opinions about intellectual property protection.
    My Canon 10D takes better pictures than anything I've seen taken with a
    Sigma. And I suggest you pay a little attention to the legal issues which
    are implicated by your conduct.

    PTRAVEL, May 28, 2004
  5. George Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    Sorry for the typo. That should be "13.7M in the bitmap ...".

    JPS, May 29, 2004
  6. George Preddy

    Crownfield Guest

    but those pixels have no real physical world basis.
    if you can do that with the sigma numbers,
    then canon can claim 6,000 by 4,000 pixel images.

    Crownfield, May 29, 2004
  7. George Preddy

    bagal Guest

    Don't worry about it John I od ti lal het imet

    Besides I think your meaning was clear from the context of the thread

    :)

    bagal, May 29, 2004
  8. George Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    That's what I said.

    JPS, May 30, 2004
  9. I'm amazed that other camera makers haven't attempted the lie of defining
    the number of pixels by the pixels in the bitmap. Fuji kind of does it, but
    even Sigma doesn't do this, only "Preddy." Sigma and Foveon try to re-define
    pixels to mean sensors, because of course it makes their sensor appear to
    have more pixels then it really does.

    At least Canon, Nikon, and the other major manufacturers are honest.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 30, 2004
  10. George Preddy

    bagal Guest

    Hi Steven

    A good point for sure.

    I've just popped over to the Canon website and read quite a lot of
    interesting stuff too

    But I could not find anything about pixels and sensors other than
    generalities.

    Maybe I missed the page?

    If the is a link I would really be grateful if it could be posted.

    TIA

    bagal

    bagal, May 30, 2004