Sigma SD10 = 6.86MP for 2 color targets, 13.72MP for full color

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, May 22, 2004.

  1. I hope that's all they are doing with the goats

    GK

    grant kinsley, May 25, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    Bill Funk Guest

    No, silly.
    They *sacrifice* the goats.
    Then read the entrails.
    Or read the entrails first; it's been so long...

    Bill Funk, May 25, 2004

  3. Georgette Preddy, May 25, 2004
  4. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Lionel, May 25, 2004
  5. Bart van der Wolf, May 25, 2004
  6. Of the Sigma demo image?

    Georgette Preddy, May 26, 2004
  7. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:
    Yes, the one that you stole from their website & put up on your Pbase
    page.

    Why can't you show us any of the photos you lied about selling, thief?

    Lionel, May 26, 2004
  8. You mean the RAW file they encourage everyone to freely download for
    demonstration purposes, along with their also freely downloadable
    Sigma Photo Pro RAW conversion software( best in the world). Both
    available here...

    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/Images/sd9samples/JenniferandBlackjack.X3F
    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/cameras_downloads.htm

    Canon hides their RAW system, no one may use it before actually buying
    a blurry Canon DSLR. Yes, it is that bad.

    Georgette Preddy, May 27, 2004
  9. George Preddy

    JohnJ Guest

    You mean the RAW file they encourage everyone to freely download for
    To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.

    JohnJ, May 27, 2004
  10. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:
    There's nothing there that says it's legal for you to download one of
    their sample images (or software) & make it available for other people.
    In fact, I notice also that the license agreement
    <http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/downloads/full/spp_license_agreement.pdf>
    on that page *specifically says* that you are *only* permitted to use
    their files "for use by you on computers which are owned by you or under
    your control", ie; you are not permitted to make them available to other
    people.

    So, now that I've proved you to be moronic, lying weasel yet again,
    where are those photos you claim to have sold, Preddiot?

    Lionel, May 27, 2004
  11. TOthose unfamiliar with the one or two Bayer (the old technology)
    likers that post here under a few different aliases, that is the kind
    of response you'll get when links and hard facts that prove beyond a
    shadow of a doubt they don't understand digital.

    Georgette Preddy, May 27, 2004
  12. George Preddy

    Guest Guest

    It would be funny to Have Foveon/Sigma sue George...

    Guest, May 27, 2004
  13. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:
    The time you waste spouting gibberish on Usenet would be far better
    spent learning some photography.

    And where are some of these photos you claim to have sold, Preddiot?

    Lionel, May 27, 2004
  14. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    <grin> I think it'd be hilarious. He'd have to sell his Fuji to help pay
    the settlement. Imagine how he'd describe it in his Ebay ad!

    Lionel, May 27, 2004
  15. SNIP
    You apparently also do not have the foggiest notion about Copyright.
    Fair use does not mean that you can distribute copies, even in altered form.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, May 27, 2004
  16. George Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    1.7M in the bitmap, but only 3.43M pixels of real information.

    JPS, May 27, 2004
  17. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    *Especially* in altered form!

    Lionel, May 27, 2004
  18. George Preddy

    PTRAVEL Guest

    Yeah, that's the one whose copyright you've infringed. Just because it is
    freely downloadable doesn't mean that it is (1) not protected by copyright,
    and (2) licensed for public exhibition by anyone else.

    Shall we add copyright law to the list of things you don't know about?
    Now lying, on the other hand, appears to be something in which you are well
    versed.

    PTRAVEL, May 27, 2004
  19. It is more than freely downloadable, it is provided for the specific
    purpise of demonstration. Anyone may freely down load it and play
    with it all they like--that is why it is there.

    I suggest you get it as well as the RAW converter, you'll throw away
    your Bayer digital cameras faster than the time it takes to complete
    the download.

    Georgette Preddy, May 28, 2004
  20. The answer is obviously 13.72MP, the largest output of any DSLR. But
    the quality is much higher than the relatively small output of the
    Kodak 14n/c, since there is no moire or interpolation artifacts
    possible, ever.

    Georgette Preddy, May 28, 2004