    this and be left with an image of the same size as the SD10 you would
    need 4536 x 3024 (13.7 megapixel) input image."

    Phil Askey, on the 13.72MP Sigma SD10.

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004

  2. The Canon 10D is 6MP monochrome.

    Only 1.5MP after color interpolation.

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004

  3. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:
    As usual, you're lying. You're posting via 24.174.141.14, same as you
    have been for the last couple of months.

    Where are those photos you lied about selling, Preddiot?

    Lionel, May 23, 2004
  4. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:
    Time for you to show us your photos, liar.

    Lionel, May 23, 2004
  5. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:
    Why did you lie about selling photos? You know you'll never sell a
    photo, & we know you'll never sell a photo.

    Lionel, May 23, 2004
  6. 6MP, the number of datum points sampled does not change the pixel
    count.

    Tell me George, how can astronomers accurately predict eclipses?

    GK

    grant kinsley, May 23, 2004
  7. George Preddy

    Bill Funk Guest

    Well, let's see...
    First, the sacrifice a goat. Then they read the entrails of a chicken.
    Or is that the other way around?
    No matter...
    Then they go on the Internet, and Google for tide tables, and then
    interpolate that information on an Amiga to get the eclipse dates.
    I think.

    Bill Funk, May 23, 2004
  8. How many pixels are in the SD9's 4536 x 3024 images?
    I think it involves a thermos.

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004
  9. George Preddy

    Guest Guest

    They have Crystal Balls ;) oh wait that's Astrologers :)

    Guest, May 23, 2004
  10. George Preddy

    Bill Funk Guest

    13,716,864.

    How many pixels are in a SD9 sensor?
    3.43MP effective
    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/Cameras_sd9.htm
    Right from Sigma.
    I would think they would know.

    Bill Funk, May 23, 2004
  11. Damn I knew I was forgetting something, it was that goat....

    GK

    grant kinsley, May 23, 2004
  12. How many pixels does the sensor have (that's pixels, not sensors).
    Everything beyond 3.43 is simply upscaling. No matter how you slice it
    there are only 3.43MP, anything over and above that is simply the same
    information.

    KInd of like how my projector produces 1280*720 from a 480*860 signal.
    No new information, it just scales the lower info into the larger
    pixel count.

    Think (if you can) of it like this. That 4536*3024 picture has exactly
    3.43MP of actual information, scaled to fit into the larger number of
    pixels. That's it.

    GK

    grant kinsley, May 23, 2004
  13. exactly.

    which is more balls than Georgie will ever have.

    GK

    grant kinsley, May 23, 2004
  14. Astrologers don't use crystal balls.

    They have charts and stuff to do the job.
    Looks rather scientific really. Of course, they
    are way of compared to reality. But reality is
    not the strong side of Astrologers.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, May 24, 2004
  15. Most call that a 13.72MP camera.
    10.29M according to Webster, but since its not an inefficient 2D
    Bayer, 25% doesn't need to be thrown away so its the exact equivalent
    of a 13.72MP Bayer.

    Read Phil's claim that the SD9 is an exact 13.72MP Bayer equivalent...

    "The Foveon X3 sensor captures full color for each pixel location and
    thus requires no demosaic processing, a single individual pixel has
    its own distinct color without influence from neighbouring pixels.
    This leads me to the term 'Single Pixel Resolution', the X3 sensor's
    striking ability to capture image detail down to a single pixel level,
    such as a wire which in the image is just one pixel across.

    You can of course produce similar results from a Bayer sensor camera
    by downsampling an image by 50%, this is (approximately) the same as
    combining two green, one red and one blue pixel together. To achieve

    Georgette Preddy, May 24, 2004
  16. George Preddy

    JohnJ Guest

    To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.

    JohnJ, May 24, 2004
  17. George Preddy

    Bill Funk Guest

    Would you please provide a link to the site that says Webster rates
    the Sigma cameras as 10.29MP?
    And yet, Sigma claims differently.
    Gee, who to believe - the maker of the camera, or someone who agrees
    with you?
    Decisions, decisions...

    Bill Funk, May 24, 2004
  18. George Preddy

    Bill Funk Guest

    Of course astrologers don't use crystal balls.
    Everyone knows that.
    But they do consult with psychics, and *they* use crystal balls.
    And goats. Don't forget the goats.

    Bill Funk, May 24, 2004
  19. Goats? Do they consult with goats?

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, May 24, 2004
  20. Webster is hardly a reliable source for defining technical
    terminology.

    A pixel is a picture element. The amount of data found in any element
    does not change that.

    My projector projects 1280*720 pixels. each one of those pixels has a
    luminance component and 3 colour components (stacked LCD) in each one
    of those pixels. Strangely enough Panasonic isn't trying to say that
    there are 4*1280*720 pixels. Nor are any of the other manufacturers of
    televisions. Each pixel is one spatial location, fed 3 colour data
    points and 1 luminance data point.

    Try again, prediot

    GK
    ever heard the term "quote mining"