    Cynicor Guest

    You'll see more now that they can go wireless with an XBox 360. One of
    my clients actually bought one last week in front of my eyes too.

    Cynicor, Jan 21, 2008

  2. I like it! That's the phrase I'm looking for. You must be talking about
    the 40D?

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 21, 2008

  3. S

    Annika1980 Guest

    Since the 40D does NOT produce yellow skin tones, is NOT a 4.6MP
    camera, and does NOT use proprietary lenses, I guess that just makes
    you an idiot troll.

    Annika1980, Jan 21, 2008
  4. S

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Just dispensing some truthiness to the Sigma fanboys.

    Mr. Strat, Jan 21, 2008
  5. You sure about that? So you are admitting to taking shit images and further
    trashing them in post? Let's see, after you crop the living shit out of the
    40D's 10.1MP image you're lucky to have 4.6MPs left. Then you overprocess
    and try to salvage what little shred of an image you have left out of the
    noise only to plasticize it into a "Homer Simpson" animation or composite.
    Learning to "zoom with your feet" and proper composition is paramount for
    you to have better images. As for the lenses, what other brand of body do
    these "L" lenses fit? A hint, if they don't universally fit other brands
    and/or nobody wants to use them they are considered proprietary. That's why
    most pro Canon shooters use Nikkors on their Mk IIIs or have or already
    switched to the Amazing D3. I guess that just makes you an idiot.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 21, 2008
  6. You're just ticked because you're so heavily invested in Canon that you
    can't afford to make the switch to Sigma:)

    Michael Tuthill, Jan 21, 2008
  7. S

    imbsysop Guest

    GEORGE PREDDY is all alive and kicking .. alleluja !

    imbsysop, Jan 21, 2008
  8. Jeez, and I thought he had died. Howya doin George?:)

    Michael Tuthill, Jan 21, 2008
  9. S

    Mr. Strat Guest

    If I'm heavily invested in anything, it would be Hasselblad.

    If I were filthy rich and colorblind and didn't care about lenses, I
    might consider the Sigma.

    Mr. Strat, Jan 21, 2008
  10. S

    Annika1980 Guest

    By that standard, just about any brand of lens is proprietary.

    Of course, some of them like the Smegma lenses cum in different
    mounts.
    Sorta like your daddy in that respect.....

    Annika1980, Jan 21, 2008
  11. S

    Mr. Strat Guest

    If I were George in disguise, I'd be advocating on Sigma's behalf.

    Mr. Strat, Jan 21, 2008
  12. S

    Annika1980 Guest

    That's a funny comment coming from the guy who posed as George Preddy
    and shilled Sigmas on these newsgroups for so long. FWIW, it was your
    Preddy Cat pics that outed you.

    Annika1980, Jan 21, 2008
  13. Sorry, Canon's lenses are a one Tennessee pony with worn out rectum show.
    At least Nikkor can be mounted on Canon and a few other manufacturers'
    bodies.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 21, 2008
  14. You've got to tell the truth in order to dispense "truthiness".

    Peter Stavrakoglou, Jan 22, 2008
  15. S

    Mark Roberts Guest

    No you don't: "Truthiness" is Steven Colbert's (humorous) code word
    for misleading people without actually lying.

    Mark Roberts, Jan 22, 2008
  16. S

    Mr.T Guest

    The reason you can use Nikon lenses on a Canon and not vice versa, is simply
    to do with the camera mount opening and distance between mount and sensor,
    nothing more.
    It says a lot for the quality of Canon cameras I guess if some people are
    prepared to give up features, and pay extra for adapters, just to use a
    Canon instead of Nikon body :)
    Does that mean the millions of pro shooters using Canon lenses don't use the
    MkIII then? :)
    (just have a look at any sporting event and see what lenses the pro's are
    using!)

    But frankly your constant advocacy of Nikon is very tiresome. Most makers
    have both good and bad lenses in their range.

    MrT.

    Mr.T, Jan 22, 2008
  17. S

    Mr.T Guest

    So can many other makers lenses, so what you are saying is the Canon is a
    superior camera then :)

    MrT.

    Mr.T, Jan 22, 2008
  18. Yes. I am Nikon shooter, and if I had a good quality Canon lens, I would
    just buy a Canon body to use it on. However, I shoot film, and good quality
    Canon bodies (like good Nikon bodies) are only cheap if they are film
    bodies. Today, a good quality DSLR might cost over 2 thousand dollars, so it
    might not be too practical to do this. Sooner or later, however, the price
    of these things will come down to the point where you are better off having
    a body to match all your good lenses than trying to mess around with
    adapters that cross brand names.

    William Graham, Jan 22, 2008
  19. S

    Mr.T Guest

    Or you could simply worry more about your photo's than your equipment!
    I've used many brands over the last 30+ years, and I find many prime lenses
    from all the big manufacturers are quite satisfactory and many of their
    zooms are not.
    Nothing too surprising there IMO.
    I also find the people making the most noise about their lenses, hardly ever
    make photo's which really show up the supposed differences anyway.
    It's more of a status thing to many, and good luck to them. But I do wish
    they'd give it a rest sometimes.

    MrT.

    Mr.T, Jan 22, 2008
  20. S

    Go-dot Guest

    One wonders what kind of wacko has THREE different brand DSLRs...

    Go-dot, Jan 22, 2008