Sigma Digital SLR Cameras.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Biff Mullins, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. I guess that explains why the colors are so crappy.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Agreed. The SD10 is the lowest noise DLSR out there today by a huge
    margin. Its sensor pixels are a whopping 33% larger than the full
    frame, $8,000 Canon 1Ds. That really shows in the noise tests where
    the 90's-vintage Canon CMOS really gets clobbered by National
    Semiconductor's latest design...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Biff Mullins

    Crownfield Guest

    to make that staement,
    you must be either ignorant of what the sigma raw looks like,
    or without any honor or integrity.
    nope. just using prediot math as you are doing.

    same as sigma =9-12-13... sorry.
    I forget what your current fairy tale resolution is.
    have you talked yourself up to 22mp yet?

    sigma is 2200x1500 resolution.
    fuji is 3000 x 2000.
    obviously 1 fuji = 2 sigma.
    any kid with 3rd grade math understands that.

    and fuji color is better anytime,
    and way way better when using candlelight.

    obviously the sigma is a subconsumer kids toy.

    a great idea.
    a flawed concept, a poor implementation.

    Crownfield, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Or, in Georgette's case, both.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Biff Mullins

    D.R. Guest

    Too bad the lenses suck. I know, I own two Sigma lenses.

    D.R., Jul 11, 2004
  6. Georgette Preddy, Jul 11, 2004
  7. Biff Mullins

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    .... and what if you put the wrong numbers in your charting software?

    Would it still chart the false data?

    JPS, Jul 11, 2004
  8. Biff Mullins

    Crownfield Guest

    nope. just using prediot math as you are doing.

    same as sigma =9-12-13... sorry.
    I forget what your current fairy tale resolution is.
    have you talked yourself up to 22mp yet? 44 mp?

    Crownfield, Jul 11, 2004
  9. The Fuji S2 Pro has 1.5M RGB triplets, no more than a common P&S.

    The SD9 has a mere 230% more.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 13, 2004
  10. SNIP
    Wrong again, as usual. There are no RGB triplets on such a sensor.

    The Fuji S2 Pro has 3024 x 2016 photosites (=6.1M).
    In order to keep all available resolution of the rotated sensor array, that
    must be output as 12.2 MP. As a space saving compromise one can output to 6
    MP or smaller, but that obviously loses resolution in the process.

    Bart

    Crownfield, Jul 14, 2004
  12. 3.43MP/1.5MP = 230% more full color pixels. Simple math.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 15, 2004
  13. Biff Mullins

    Crownfield Guest

    silly prediot!!

    nope.

    Crownfield, Jul 15, 2004
  14. Biff Mullins

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    3.43/1.5 = ~2.29 = 129% "more", stupid.

    Also, you are probably calling a camera which is 6MP 1.5MP, in error.

    JPS, Jul 15, 2004
  15. Ok, like you said, the SD9 has 230% of the Canon 10D's full color MP
    count, or 130% more.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 16, 2004
  16. Biff Mullins

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    That's not what I said, at all; in fact, I said that you were probably
    referring to a 6MP camera as a 1.5MP camera in error. The SD9 is a
    3.43MP camera. The 10D is a 6.29MP camera.

    JPS, Jul 16, 2004
  17. full color

    George Preddy, Jul 17, 2004
  18. Biff Mullins